Sunderland Sack Martin O'Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Sunderland have just sacked Martin O'Neill.... Sure he'll be linked to us in the papers within a week!

Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Sunderland have just sacked Martin O'Neill.... Sure he'll be linked to us in the papers within a week!

Get him in!

Re: Premier League 2012/13

Martin O'Neill sacked by Sunderland.

Seems like a bad move to me. Not sure who's available to replace him,

Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

MON is back on the market. Cue extensive speculation.

Last edited:
If they don't have anyone lined up then they'd be crazy.

Weird timing after losing 1-0 to Man Utd... not like they'd have expected a win in that one, surely? Would suspect it's because they wouldn't want the new man to start with such a tough game.

RDM and Mark Hughes are the only ones that spring to mind.

An international break to think this over, then a shock defeat against runaway champions-elect Man U clearly tipped them over the edge when he failed to get 3 pts.

Football, eh.

An international break to think this over, then a shock defeat against runaway champions-elect Man U clearly tipped them over the edge when he failed to get 3 pts.

Football, eh.

A club statement said: "Sunderland AFC has announced that it has parted company with manager Martin O'Neill this evening.
"The club would like to place on record its thanks to Martin and wishes him well for the future.
"An announcement will be made in the coming days regarding a successor."
Possibly the future manager has only just accepted

Last edited:
If they don't have anyone lined up then they'd be crazy.

Weird timing after losing 1-0 to Man Utd... not like they'd have expected a win in that one, surely? Would suspect it's because they wouldn't want the new man to start with such a tough game.

RDM and Mark Hughes are the only ones that spring to mind.

Steve Mclaren.

Never go back, like some said about Pearson

Just

Get

Him

In

Now

Whilst I have my doubts about his ability to be at his best without Robertson I would be delighted to have him back. The positivity that would infuse the club in the short term would be brilliant. He's the only name guaranteed to put thousands on the gate.

I can't imagine the owners won't be putting a phone call in over the next few days. And you know what? He might just be up for it this time. He isn't the attractive proposition for top flight clubs that he once was. We'll never have a better chance.

In a league of managers I make up in my head: Peason is near the relegation zone, MONderic is bloody near the bit where we could be playing for some European competition or other.

It's an absolute no brainer which is why those with no brains would argue against it.

I'd rather have him in than Pearson at this moment in time, but can't say the comments from Sunderland and Villa fans on another forum about how he's done in recent years fill me with confidence. I'd much rather have someone else in that either of them right now tbh, preferably any manager who actually has a sense of tactical nous and isn't obsessed with having a paper-thin squad which falls down after a couple of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669