Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he hasn't had the ball stolen from him (yet) or kicked it out straight to an attacker's feet (yet) doesn't in anyway mean that he hasn't been directly responsible for massive pressure being put on the defence because they are constantly having to clear up his mistakes. Countless times against Boro his kicking was so poor it didn't make the opposition half. This in turn means that the midfield and defence are trying to win the ball back constantly instead of being able to play out properly from the back.

It really is simple to understand. You seem to think I'm making him solely responsible for our form. I'm not. He's one piece of half digested sweetcorn buried in the diarrhoea of our season so far but he is, nonetheless, a terrible goalkeeper. Nothing he has done has convinced me otherwise.

I agree, the defence may be panicking for lots of other reasons but his comedy handling, inability to kick and sheer inability to get rid of the ball to a Leicester shirt is certainly not helping them.

I'm sorry I just can't take your views seriously when you would prefer Hamer in goal.

why? his kicking was no woirse yesterday than any other game he's played and they still do it rather than take the stat his themselves

Yes. Yes it was. His kicking has been pretty poor since his first game but yesterday it was unbelievably bad. Countless times the ball didn't make it into the opposition half; Jesus, it barely made it out of the box! On the odd occasion he did manage a clearance more than 30 yards it was normally straight out of play. I suggest you watch a few replays.

don't need to I was there his kicking was fine, distance doesn't really matter if they end up with the ball anyway, kicking it to our midfield where we have Amartey is a damn site more useful than to Okazaki and Vardy wouldn't you say?

As for Ben Hamer he was binned off by Bristol City and sent back early from his loan as he was so shite for them last season and no one wanted to take him in January either

don't need to I was there his kicking was fine, distance doesn't really matter if they end up with the ball anyway, kicking it to our midfield where we have Amartey is a damn site more useful than to Okazaki and Vardy wouldn't you say?

As for Ben Hamer he was binned off by Bristol City and sent back early from his loan as he was so shite for them last season and no one wanted to take him in January either

I'm assuming he's forgotten that 9 times out of 10 Schmeichel's kicks end up as a throw in...

I'm pretty sure after watching him trying to kick a ball against Boro, they will.

I think it's great that you're blaming the new replacement for the inept back passes by defenders and midfielders and the inability of the attackers to even head let alone control a ball.

yes, after he's aimed for the towering aerially dominant presence of Riyad Mahrez

And therein lies the truth. Mahrez and Vardy can't head or control the ball. Slimani is our only hope.

And therein lies the truth. Mahrez and Vardy can't head or control the ball. Slimani is our only hope.
Zieler is getting hte Ricardo treatment, he's replaced a fan favorite so any minor thing is overly criticised and its not fair, the defence was shite with Kasper so drop one of the CB's Hernandez was one of the best CBs in La Liga last season so bring him in

You must've been watching a different game. His kicking was woefully inadequate. Anyone with half an eye on play would have seen that. Do you think that I'm suggesting we play Hamer because he's a wonderful keeper? I'm not. I'm suggesting Hamer because he couldn't do any worse than Zieler. Neither, for that matter could David Blunkett but I'm not sure he's available. Logic dictates that if he couldn't do much worse, he may do better.

Defending a keeper who has an average ratio nearing 3 goals conceded per game is nothing short of madness. Using the tired argument of 'he was shit for them therefore he'll be shit for us blah blah blah...' doesn't work at all. There are countless examples of players not performing at one or more club on loan for all manor of reasons before succeeding at their parent club. Given the option back in the day, very few Leicester fans would have wanted to sign Kane whilst he was on loan with us. Love him or hate him (and I hate him!) we'd have him every day of the week now wouldn't we?

Before you make another ridiculous jump in pseudo-logistical bollocks, I am not suggesting that Hamer has suddenly turned into a great player such as Kane may have, just that he cannot possibly be more inept at commanding his area than Zieler has been thus far.

I'm not upset or overly critical of him simply because he has replaced Kasper. I couldn't give two shits who is between the sticks as long as they are competent. Zieler isn't.

Zieler is not the problem.

I wouldn't say he has been awful, but he is not the sort of keeper who wins you points either.

I personally think Schmichael makes more errors (or is too ambitious with his play), but he is more likely to pull off an unexpected or spectacular save, so it gets forgotten.

Schmichael is far the better keeper overall, but Zieler is adequate back-up.

You must've been watching a different game. His kicking was woefully inadequate. Anyone with half an eye on play would have seen that. Do you think that I'm suggesting we play Hamer because he's a wonderful keeper? I'm not. I'm suggesting Hamer because he couldn't do any worse than Zieler. Neither, for that matter could David Blunkett but I'm not sure he's available. Logic dictates that if he couldn't do much worse, he may do better.

Defending a keeper who has an average ratio nearing 3 goals conceded per game is nothing short of madness. Using the tired argument of 'he was shit for them therefore he'll be shit for us blah blah blah...' doesn't work at all. There are countless examples of players not performing at one or more club on loan for all manor of reasons before succeeding at their parent club. Given the option back in the day, very few Leicester fans would have wanted to sign Kane whilst he was on loan with us. Love him or hate him (and I hate him!) we'd have him every day of the week now wouldn't we?

Before you make another ridiculous jump in pseudo-logistical bollocks, I am not suggesting that Hamer has suddenly turned into a great player such as Kane may have, just that he cannot possibly be more inept at commanding his area than Zieler has been thus far.
and I'm saying you post is ludicrous as you are putting the blame for our defensive record on a keeper when the same defence has been there and been equally as shit when our first choice was in goal, the logical thing isn't to go to your 3rd choice keeper, which would completely destroy the number 2 keeper in the process, but punish the inept defenders first by dropping one of them instead.

They have been shite for 3 months but lets blame the guy that's had 5 games, again Keepers lose confidence in their back 4 also and frankly Simpson aside none of them are justifying their place either. There was a reason Kasper was having to make those top class saves because our back four are incapable of basic defending

and I'm saying you post is ludicrous as you are putting the blame for our defensive record on a keeper when the same defence has been there and been equally as shit when our first choice was in goal....

**** me, can you read?! I've written over and over again that I am not placing the blame solely on him. You are either skipping that bit, choosing to ignore it or are incapable of understanding the simple denotation of what I have repeated.

Just because the defence are playing like they've never met each other before at present is no reason at all to put up with a keeper who is devoid of any talent. He is only exacerbating what is already a shower of shit.

If you think he's doing a great job, I'm happy for you. You're wrong of course but I'm happy for you. There are many others who can see that he is a liability. Who knows, he may in time come good. I hope he does as, by Christ, we need him to. At the moment however, he is on the very long list of absolute duffers we've had between the posts at this club and that, my friend, is some list!

Now let's cuddle and make up by agreeing that, however bad things get, we've always got the memories of Kevin Pressman donning the shirt; no matter how bad our keeper situation may be, it can't get much worse that that can it?

**** me, can you read?! I've written over and over again that I am not placing the blame solely on him. You are either skipping that bit, choosing to ignore it or are incapable of understanding the simple denotation of what I have repeated.

Just because the defence are playing like they've never met each other before at present is no reason at all to put up with a keeper who is devoid of any talent. He is only exacerbating what is already a shower of shit.

If you think he's doing a great job, I'm happy for you. You're wrong of course but I'm happy for you. There are many others who can see that he is a liability. Who knows, he may in time come good. I hope he does as, by Christ, we need him to. At the moment however, he is on the very long list of absolute duffers we've had between the posts at this club and that, my friend, is some list!

Now let's cuddle and make up by agreeing that, however bad things get, we've always got the memories of Kevin Pressman donning the shirt; no matter how bad our keeper situation may be, it can't get much worse that that can it?

I'm waiting for your threads about each of the other players that need to be dropped. You know the one's who are not replacing injured players.

Do you remember Hamer playing for us? Do you really have confidence in him?

We currently have a number of significant problems.

If we put them all on a list of what needs attention right now, in order of priority, impact or significance, Zieler would be the least important

And it's a long list

Is it too late to ask Jimmy Nielsen if he could fill in for a couple of weeks?

I'm waiting for your threads about each of the other players that need to be dropped. You know the one's who are not replacing injured players.

I'll make sure to post it with my next set of ratings, that'll mean my opinion is valid won't it? Jebus!

We have problems all over the pitch. It doesn't take an expert to see that. I responded to a comment about Zieler, I have lots of other opinions about some of the other dross we have seen thus far but then that wouldn't be relevant to a discussion about our goalkeeping situation, would it?

If you're asking; King shouldn't be anywhere near the team but there are little to no options there apart from James and he has his own frailties as we know all too well. Hernandez should be drafted in immediately (quite frankly for Morgan or Huth both who have had their fair share of problems this season) to sure up the sieve that is our defence as should Chilwell or Schlupp for Fuchs. Vardy needs time out of the starting eleven as does Mahrez with Slimani and X (Gray? Kapustka?) coming in.

None of this makes Zieler a better keeper though does it? Yes I've seen Hamer play and remember how my heart sank at yet another dodgy keeper. The fact I would rather have him than Zieler speaks volumes about how shite Zieler has looked, not how great I think Hamer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669