Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuchs is struggling because Albrighton has been switched to the other side

Nah. He's struggling because he's starting to get a little old and a little slow. He'd be ideal for the midfield slot in front of Chilwell.

Pressure building on CR he needs to change personel/formation or reignite last seasons winning mentality. An early Vardy goal would help to ease the confidence. Performances must improve, we need a sequence of unbeatengames, starting here 0-2 Slimani Vardy

Schmeichel looked brilliant last year because the defence protected him from most shots. The defence were protected by the midfield, in particular Kante.

This season that has not happened, so Kasper does not look so amazing shipping 3 or 4 goals against Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd.

It is a great pub debate as to whether Kasper would saved any of the goals that Zieler has conceded, but does not change the problem that we defensively poor this season.

Great defence starts from the forward line which is why I think Okazaki should be a starter. He does disrupt play and get in their faces, or at least up to their chest!

Long balls are a last resort now defences have sussed us out and play deeper.

Last season we played a lot of 'Give and Go' balls, first touch in triangles. That appears to be completely missing this season, or the passes are rubbish even when intended.

As Claudio has said, it is back to basics. The team has not become crap overnight, they just look crap!

I think the pre-season tour was good preparation for the Champions League, both playing and travelling as well as against British teams that play passing football.

They may be in different leagues but I think Porto and Copenhagen are as good as Watford and WBA and Sunderland.

Ranieri was very good at protecting his players last season from pressure. Let us hope that he continues to do that while they regain confidence.

Very happy for Slimani and Okazaki to start up front. Maybe start Simpson as a wing back instead of Mahrez with Hernandez as additional midfield protection to a back 3.

Schmeichel looked brilliant last year because the defence protected him from most shots. The defence were protected by the midfield, in particular Kante.

This season that has not happened, so Kasper does not look so amazing shipping 3 or 4 goals against Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd.

It is a great pub debate as to whether Kasper would saved any of the goals that Zieler has conceded, but does not change the problem that we defensively poor this season.

Great defence starts from the forward line which is why I think Okazaki should be a starter. He does disrupt play and get in their faces, or at least up to their chest!

Long balls are a last resort now defences have sussed us out and play deeper.

Last season we played a lot of 'Give and Go' balls, first touch in triangles. That appears to be completely missing this season, or the passes are rubbish even when intended.

As Claudio has said, it is back to basics. The team has not become crap overnight, they just look crap!

I think the pre-season tour was good preparation for the Champions League, both playing and travelling as well as against British teams that play passing football.

They may be in different leagues but I think Porto and Copenhagen are as good as Watford and WBA and Sunderland.

Ranieri was very good at protecting his players last season from pressure. Let us hope that he continues to do that while they regain confidence.

Very happy for Slimani and Okazaki to start up front. Maybe start Simpson as a wing back instead of Mahrez with Hernandez as additional midfield protection to a back 3.

Kasper has been outstanding this season he commands his box well and the defence are used to him Zeiler is not a bad keeper one could argue he is getting used to the back four. I agree our passing has been non existent and we are missing Cante's ability to move the ball forward quickly however CR has continually moved players about which IMO has not helped.

If and it is a big if Matty James is fit and gets game time ( I recall it took him 4-5 to get going) we will have a more robust and effective midfield that will allow the flair players to impact the game.

Yeah, know that would be back soon enough :038:

I would have saved myself 30 seconds if he'd have opened his post with that rather than finish with it.

Yeah, know that would be back soon enough :038:

I would have saved myself 30 seconds if he'd have opened his post with that rather than finish with it.

If 4-4-2 is not working because other teams are just breezing through our midfield what is wrong with changing the system? If I remember right, Ranieri changed a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 shortly after he arrived. Maybe he would look at a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 as a way of getting a stronger defence.

I am sure Slimani and Okazaki upfront can become a powerful strike force together.

Jeez, you can tell we're shit again as there are actual posts about football now!

Reactions: FIF
If 4-4-2 is not working because other teams are just breezing through our midfield what is wrong with changing the system? If I remember right, Ranieri changed a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 shortly after he arrived. Maybe he would look at a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 as a way of getting a stronger defence.

I am sure Slimani and Okazaki upfront can become a powerful strike force together.

It's not the system change I'm opposed to, it's the fascination of Hernandez playing midfield that's ridiculous.

Chelsea are making 3-5-2 look like the way to play now and don't see why we don't give it a try.
Hernandez Morgan Huth with Albrighton/Simpson Fuchs/Schlupp as the wide players.

It worked for us during the great escape.

This all started because some arse decided to select a team for this game with Hamer in goal instead of Zieler.

Said arse now wishes he'd not bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670