Pre Match Sunderland Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full week of rest. A rare substitution for Vardy yesterday will do him the world of good.

Ulloa always looks injured, I'm sure he is fine.

On reflection the Matty James injury is very sad. Long road back for the man from a 3rd ACL tear. I've only ever heard about one athlete recovering from three...he happens to play for the Carolina Panthers. Good luck to Matt James and I really hope we get to see him again, he's a very good footballer.

The R5 commentator was saying yesterday about how slow their back line is. If we can get Schlupp and Vardy using their pace and running at them from the off we could tear them a new arsehole next weekend.

Should be just another routine win to the mighty Foxes. We will simply want it more than them and will fight more than them.

The lucky undies are still on, but won't be making the trip to Sunderland, hopefully not a bad omen! But at least Jas has started the pre match thread

The R5 commentator was saying yesterday about how slow their back line is. If we can get Schlupp and Vardy using their pace and running at them from the off we could tear them a new arsehole next weekend.

Slow, but experienced and cynical. Emphasised with Clattermole playing in front of them. Brown and O'Shea will just take him out but are both experienced enough to stay on the pitch.

That being said I seem to remember Benteke and Agbonlahor playing up front as a two, running the channels for Villa and tearing them a new one.

If they play like they did at Everton, there's only one winner, they were bloody dreadful.

By all accounts two lucky goals for their win. 12 men with the travelling Blarmy and we may well be safe. 0-2 the Blue.

They were lucky for their last TWO wins - 2 penalties against the Saints who hadn't connected a penalty all year. Maybe the first goal was a genuine penalty, but the 2nd wasn't even close.

As for Everton, they should have won that game 9-2 but it just didn't happen. I just can't decide who I want to go down more, Sunderland or Newcastle. As I like watching True Geordie, maybe Sunderland, but don't you really want Mike Ashley to look like a dipstick?

The Mike Ashley factor must surely carry that arguement.

The cafe factor pushes me into hoping that both Sunderland and Newcastle stay up.

I thought Hull were going down, or are we assuming Hull are going to win one and Sunderland are losing the next three?

I'd prefer Sunderland to go down. I like Newcastle and I think the fans don't deserve what's happening.

What? They wanted Pardew out as they can't compete with Man City and Chelsea, the result is they've now got a good chance of getting relegated. If they go down I'd say they are more deserving fans than any of the 6/7 teams down the bottom.

I have to agree with Fitz, they seem to think they have a god given right to compete and win at the highest level, when their teams have been shite. No doubt Ashley has not helped, and as a Southerner choosing another one as manager was never going to be a popular move. All potential managers have to be Geordies, never been near Sunderland or Middlesborough and wear humbug pajamas. Having said that, both Sunderland and Middlesborough supporters have the same sort of attitude, they don't give 100% support when things are not going well, they either walk out, (Sunderland), or don't go ( Middlesborough), or constantly moan about the Owner, the Manager or the players, ( Newcastle). As for Saturday if we can get an early goal again, (a big ask), I think Sunderland will implode, just like Newcastle, perhaps they deserve each other after all.

Hull is a craphole with an overachieving DivIV side, men going "grrrr" and gave the world The Housemartins. The sooner they **** off back to obscurity the better.

Sunderland are narrow, slow and scared at home. At worst we'll leave with a point - but I still believe it's job done now as neither Newcastle or Hull will overtake us.

Anything is possible at this stage in the season.

Whoever is playing Spurs can almost count those 3 points before the game has started.

Spurs were a bit rubbish every time we played them this season. We should have had several points from those games.

Beyond Kane's goals and the skill of Eriksen, they've always looked pretty poor. Now their luck has run out.

Hull is a craphole with an overachieving DivIV side, men going "grrrr" and gave the world The Housemartins. The sooner they **** off back to obscurity the better.

Think for a minute. We're not deep. Drop down dead.

You've got a friend :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670