Support Mark De Vries Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes got my support.this his second chance and last probably.

ive said before hume and dj feeding off mdv as a front line would cause many a problem in this league:icon_bigg

hes got my support.this his second chance and last probably.

ive said before hume and dj feeding off mdv as a front line would cause many a problem in this league:icon_bigg

How would he feed them? with his deft headers?

When this guy first arrived and with a great reputation WE ALL SAW his potential in his first game. His ability on the ball was better than any other big C/F as far back as Sniffer and the Doog.

I cannot explain why he failed to deliver apart from the expectation for him to get on the end of persistent high balls when he is clearly more skilled on the deck. But I can understand how his head dropped thanks to all the w*****s who got on his back.

I hope that this year we will see the MDV that we missed out on first time around. (He'll make Cort look like a real donkey).

The key is that, unlike under the previous regime, those he is now playing with seem to have worked out (or been told) that lobbing the ball six inches above his head is not a useful ploy. Ball to chest, or at knee height works. And the fact that he also seems to have a couple of players in support rather than the nearest being two defenders away also helps.

He is not the only "big striker" who can do more with a sensibly delivered ball than a long hopeful lob to somewhere near his head (Heskey when playing for England was a prime example)

i must admit ive never been a big admirer of mdv partly because he looked like he was carrying a tonne of bricks on his back whenever he ran and he seemed incapable of jumping up for a ball....having seen him in the notts county game he looks leaner/fitter but still doesnt seem to be able to jump for the ball but saying that his through ball to hume on saturday was good..so for me the jury is out but that doesnt mean ill boo him if he cocks up

i must admit ive never been a big admirer of mdv partly because he looked like he was carrying a tonne of bricks on his back whenever he ran and he seemed incapable of jumping up for a ball....having seen him in the notts county game he looks leaner/fitter but still doesnt seem to be able to jump for the ball but saying that his through ball to hume on saturday was good..so for me the jury is out but that doesnt mean ill boo him if he cocks up

Thats about where I am.

He has clearly lost weight, he just doesnt suddenly look a better player to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69