Support Mark De Vries Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you wanted to see our two most prolific scorers together. Fryatt's scoring record is worse than MdV's. :icon_roll

Let's not start the great goals:games played argument.

On current form, Fryatt is more prolific than MDV. :icon_roll

You can twist stats any way you like so lets not start this otherwise it will go on for ever!

Yes, I suspect by October if all's fit Cort and Campbell upfront.

De Vries, Fryatt and Hume back-up.

I am unsure whether MA will go MDV and Hume or Campbell and Hume.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::081::081::081:

On current form, Fryatt is more prolific than MDV. :icon_roll

Current form?

Have you seen Fryatt pre-season?

He's scored a couple of goals against lower/non-league teams. But if you'd been to Cambridge last night you'd have seen how many chances he missed before finally scoring a tap-in. That's after looking totally uninterested for the first hour of the game, and only coming to life when the Cambridge defence tired.
MdV has also scored a couple of goals pre-season, against Hinckley and one of the behind closed doors matches I think, I just forgot about them earlier.

Last edited:
MDV Came to leicester injured and took a long time to get fit when he finally did get fit he was dropped then loaned out then loaned out again and yet loads still boo him, Matt fryatt had a bad season last term and yet people still love him harping on about him not being fit last season but yet saying we should start him in front of DJ, Hume & MDV why so much love for fryatt MDV Seems to have worked hard shown the right attitude and earnt his place in the team fryatt hasnt yet IMO. Well Done Mark and good luck mate

I support LCFC, I think MDV may be of some use to us this season but he is by no means a black Alan Shearer!

When he starts banging the goals in, he will get my full praise, but I reckon people are getting a little too excited just because he has lost a stone or two in weight, were a football club not a fat fighters club!

erm im sorry but that seems a bit hypocritical biff...how can you say you support mdv when others have knocked him/dont get behind him etc but you wont do the same for hughes because 'hes shit' :102:
in my mind hughes had his fair amount of chances to impress and failed, so me, like many others that have posted on here would like to see the back of him.the hypocites are the people that support this club and dont give people a fair crack, wether it be manager or players. when someone starts a 'support s.hughes club' and point out why hes worth supporting and worth another chance then i stand by my statement 'hes shitt'.

yv whats your thoughts on hughes should we carry on paying him or would you like to see the back of him :icon_wink

I too think hughes is shit and would like it if he was sold but if he was picked to wear the blue shirt of the club i love i would never boo him really cant see the point i may have a word or two for the the man who picked him but it is not his fault if he is not good enough he is hardly going to refuse to play if selected

From what I have herd about him this pre-season he certainly sounds as if he warrants a place in the squad for Saturday. I just feel that it if we are to get anywhere near the top 6 (for the record I don't think we will) then we need two strikers on the pitch that can bang the goals in. It is too much to ask just of one player to finish everything off, especially when that player is Iain Hume, as he gets a fair amount of grief on here for not scoring enough, despite being our top scorer.

You say that it is important that the team scores more goals than their opponents and I fully agree with that but would you not rather have the two most prolific goal scorers in your team? :102:
pessemism is a disease:018: also your talking in riddles.

how do you know that mdv, hume and dj aren't going to be a prolific line up in this league. ma and mm think they have a chance but you dont m17tt. i think ill continue being an opptomist its healthier:icon_cool

I agree with Jeff. As long as he provides passes to Hume (that Hume smashes in) like he did against Pompey, I'm more than happy.

i have to agree with Swedefox who agrees with Jeff

pessemism is a disease:018: also your talking in riddles.

how do you know that mdv, hume and dj aren't going to be a prolific line up in this league. ma and mm think they have a chance but you dont m17tt. i think ill continue being an opptomist its healthier:icon_cool

:018:

TBH mate, I couldn't give a flying **** who scores the goals for us, as long as we score more goals than the other team.

However, it is of my opinion that MDV will not be a part of a prolific strike force for LCFC this season.

And by the way, this is my optimistic opinion of MDV! ;)

I too think hughes is shit and would like it if he was sold but if he was picked to wear the blue shirt of the club i love i would never boo him really cant see the point i may have a word or two for the the man who picked him but it is not his fault if he is not good enough he is hardly going to refuse to play if selected

i watched hughes last season and he did my head in.hes had his chance and failed thats why he was transfer listed.ma hasnt gone public and said 'hughes has amazed him in pre seaon' because he hasnt, on the other hand mdv was transfer listed but got on with impressing the gaffer, which he has, ma said so.mdv will get his second chance and i think he will become a regular in the starting side.:icon_wink

hughes is the only player i have had a go at on this forum. im sure hes a nice lad, but hes not this league standard. he might get in at lincoln:icon_bigg

hughes is the only player i have had a go at on this forum. im sure hes a nice lad, but hes not this league standard. he might get in at lincoln:icon_bigg

That's a bit harsh Biff, what have Lincoln done to deserve that sort of insult. :icon_lol:

for m17tt.......
How to Be Optimistic

If you are one of those people that are just plain pessimistic...you can change! Being optimistic helps you get friends and builds your confidence!

Get up now and go look in a mirror. Frown. Look at yourself as you frown. What do you look like? Not very nice, huh? Now go back to the mirror and smile! Grin! Now what do you look like! Wonderful! Happy! Approachable! Smiling is the number one way to always look happy, and it is infectious!
  1. Laugh! The day that is wasted is the day you don't laugh.
  2. Do something worth smiling for! Give money to charity, hold a sponsored silence to raise some money for a cause you feel strongly about, do something you are really proud of, complete a good piece of work, or achieve something that you have always wanted to.
  3. Never drone on about your problems to everyone. They may feel that their problems are overshadowed by yours and that you never have time to listen. Stop moaning and offer to listen and comfort someone else for a change!
  4. If you are having a bad day or something bad has happened to you, don't take it out on everyone else. If you are feeling really bad, confide in a close friend, but hold your head high and put on a smile for everyone else. A new happier day will come to you later, get some rest and your optimism the next day will be better.
  5. Think of that special someone who brings light into your life.
  6. Think about all the good things you have. If nothing instantly springs to mind, you aren't trying hard enough. Do you have a great relationship with someone you love? Or are you enjoying single life and being open to lots of opportunities? Do you have lots of friends? Or do you have 1 or 2 close friends that you trust? Get a notebook and a pen, and write down all the good things that you have. Every time you are feeling negative, read through them and remind yourself that it's not all bad!
  7. Learn to see yourself as pretty. Try to improve your appearance if you aren't happy with it.
  8. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If something bad happens to you, it'll probably show you something else even better than what you were hoping for. Keep your eyes open.

come on leicester :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69