Support Mark De Vries Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
i won't be joining this club as i support the whole team and not individuals :)
i support the whole team also (except for hughes, im sorry but hes shitt)
im just sticking up for an individual player when some individuals prefer to knock them/dont get behind them.:102:

I fully support the Mark de Vries Club

I reckon we twat the useless fecker with this one

cudgel.jpg

i support the whole team also (except for hughes, im sorry but hes shitt)
im just sticking up for an individual player when some individuals prefer to knock them/dont get behind them.:102:

erm im sorry but that seems a bit hypocritical biff...how can you say you support mdv when others have knocked him/dont get behind him etc but you wont do the same for hughes because 'hes shit' :102:

erm im sorry but that seems a bit hypocritical biff...how can you say you support mdv when others have knocked him/dont get behind him etc but you wont do the same for hughes because 'hes shit' :102:

To be honest thats not a quality limited to just one them

thats fair enough but people sholdnt moan at others for not sticking by players if theyre going to criticise other players

How many goals has MDV scored this pre-season now that he is a lean, mean goal scoring machine?

How many goals has MDV scored this pre-season now that he is a lean, mean goal scoring machine?

You're the only one who's called him a scoring machine.

How many goals has he created?
More than Campbell, that's for sure.

Based on what I've seen so far, Hume and MdV are currently our best front pairing. If you disagree with that you obviously haven't been to the matches.

Based on what I've seen so far, Hume and MdV are currently our best front pairing. If you disagree with that you obviously haven't been to the matches.

i think its fairly nailed on that those will be the front 2 on saturday

Sorry Jeff, so how many goals has MDV scored this pre-season? I didn't quite catch it there.

EDIT: I called him a 'scoring machine' as being a striker, that is what you have to do. :icon_roll

Last edited:
Sorry Jeff, so how many goals has MDV scored this pre-season? I didn't quite catch it there.

none.

But if you're creating goals you don't need to be a prolific scorer. What's important is whether the team scores more goals than their opponents. Hume is our top scorer pre-season, and he's played his best when he's been alongside MdV. So why change it?

Last edited:
EDIT: I called him a 'scoring machine' as being a striker, that is what you have to do. :icon_roll

It's the TEAM performance that matters, not individuals.

How many goals did Peter Beardsley score when he played as a striker for England?

Bugger all, that's how many. But he stayed in the team because he worked well with Lineker in a successful England team.

I agree with Jeff. As long as he provides passes to Hume (that Hume smashes in) like he did against Pompey, I'm more than happy.

none.

But if you're creating goals you don't need to be a prolific scorer. What's important is whether the team scores more goals than their opponents. Hume is our top scorer pre-season, and he's played his best when he's been alongside MdV. So why change it?

From what I have herd about him this pre-season he certainly sounds as if he warrants a place in the squad for Saturday. I just feel that it if we are to get anywhere near the top 6 (for the record I don't think we will) then we need two strikers on the pitch that can bang the goals in. It is too much to ask just of one player to finish everything off, especially when that player is Iain Hume, as he gets a fair amount of grief on here for not scoring enough, despite being our top scorer.

You say that it is important that the team scores more goals than their opponents and I fully agree with that but would you not rather have the two most prolific goal scorers in your team? :102:

You say that it is important that the team scores more goals than their opponents and I fully agree with that but would you not rather have the two most prolific goal scorers in your team? :102:

Who would you have instead of MdV then?

I would rather have the combination that produces the best results. We won't know what that combination is until the new players have settled in and we've played some games. But so far, MdV and Hume look the best partnership.

Hi everyone im a new member have been viewing your website for the last few years and have now decided to add my comments. Im sorry but MDV is not good enough, I admit he has worked really hard and his play around the box is excellent but his shooting is really poor he never seems to connect properly with the ball and always looks scared to take a shot. Im hoping that this is just a lack of confidence and once he gets a goal he might pick up. I really think MA should quickly invest in a target man with a proven record.

Who would you have instead of MdV then?

I would rather have the combination that produces the best results. We won't know what that combination is until the new players have settled in and we've played some games. But so far, MdV and Hume look the best partnership.

I would be inclined to start with Fryatt TBH. We know that he and Hume can be a devastating partnership together so why not, although I would expect to see both MDV and DJ on the bench!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69