Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we need is a proper hard nut of a manager who will sort the lads out.

We need someone who concentrates on fitness and defence like Pearson did. It might not be pretty, but it will get the job done. Which is what we need at the moment.

I'm not saying Sousa and Sven are crap managers, I am just saying they aren't the right men at the right time.

Unfortunately football is a results game, and a complete change of tactics/training brought in by Sousa has been shown to cause problems.

Hard nut? - These are not ex-convicts, they are professional footballers and volunteers not conscripts.

Fitness? - Agreed. I do not see the stylish teams out of breadth after 60 mins, and the ability to keep chasing the game at 90 minutes has often proved decisive.

Right men? - All managers are different and all inherit different teams. Good managers get the best from what they have and then build on it.

Tactics? - There are probably about 3 or 4 games where we played exceptional 'new-style' football but were unlucky with the result, goals disallowed etc. The players obviously could adapt well but not consistently. We often played crap under Pearson in League 1 but still won the game. That is the skill of the manager, building confidence, and maybe the language barrier with Sousa was a contributory factor.

If Sven is our new manager he comes with great credentials and respect. If he is happy to work within a modest budget I am sure he can do as good a job as anyone, and I would certainly take him over the likes of Dowie and Curbishley.

I do not think the 'plodders' can escape this league easily. I think the teams that are abit different, that confuse or upset the opposition have a better chance of promotion.

Something that doesn't seem to have been mentioned (although there's like 50 million different threads and I've just got in and seen all this so might've missed something)... If Sven does come in, these new owners must have a LOT of money.

This is exactly what I thought. Sven is not going to come to a club at the bottom of the championship with no prospects. He is also not going to come and be paid peanuts. I would imagine there are a host of top european clubs that would employ him. So why Leicester City? Money talks.

Superb appointment - from our perspective :045:

There must be a tinge of worry within your mind? Lets hope he is a better appointment that your transfer panel ;)

Apart from Dave Bassett and the odd caretaker (when I was a kid I always wondered why they put the man who cleaned the school in charge) we have had a policy of appointing "up and coming" managers since Brian Little got the job. Maybe it's time to give an experienced manager a go. Not sure if Sven is the man though.

Having read through Wikipedia's article on Sven, I must say I am more optimisitic than ever. He really does have some impressive feats to his name. I just hope that he can replicate his success here and I hope that he doesn't find the transition from the international style game to championship football, too difficult. It is going to be interesting.

Sven's back room team anounced............

Attachments

• swedish%20knockers.jpg
    swedish%20knockers.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690