Swansea City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on for me Alex and of course a potentially weaker team than we had last season.

I'm not overly excited by our summer signings. Weale, Wellens, N'Guessan and Waghorn are really the only "new" signings aren't they? (not counting the ones who were on loan)

And I know nothing about any of them... other than Waghorn, I'd never even heard of any of them before they were linked with us. (Not saying they're bad players, just that they give me no cause for excitement as I don't know about them)

However... I don't understand how you can say our team is weaker than last years? I can see how it's not stronger... but not weaker?

Yes. Why is that a suprise? None of them have particularly done anything to be well known?

Forgot about Neilson, knew about him.

Weale - 183 Football League appearances, including 162 in his first spell at hometown club Yeovil.
Wellens - 359 Football League appearances for three different clubs.
N'Guessan - 114 Football League appearances, and also one of the most talked-about players in League Two.

That's why it's a surprise. Especially since you've heard of Waghorn (11 league games).

Excited about tomorrow but not hugely expectant of anything mind blowing either against Swansea or through the season. A steady season with better home form and more attractive football than we've mustered in our last few championship seasons.

Mid-table would do nicely and a good base to take things steady and build up our reputation over the course of the season.

Tomorrow afternoon's BBC 5 live sports programme will be presented live from the Walkers Stadium. But it's not their commentary match.

How strange.

I don't think I'd heard of any of our signings until we were linked with them.
Neither had I. I am despite that curious to see what Richie Wellens can do in a Leicester shirt, central midfielder - especially the one going forward - is a vital position in order for the team to work. Mark Davies did that brilliantly.

Not to speak about Jason Jarrett.

Last edited:
Will it be Fryatt and Howard to start. Waghorn on for Fryatt second half. Dickov on for Howard when he runs out of steam.

Will it be Fryatt and Howard to start. Waghorn on for Fryatt second half. Dickov on for Howard when he runs out of steam.

Don't think Dickov will play a part.

Fryatt and Howard start (if Fryatt's fit enough), Waghorn comes on later, and if Howard comes off too it would be for N'Guessan

Think Dickov's done bar injuries/suspensions

**** me, there's a game today :icon_bigg

Tough game today, in fact I thing every game will be tough this season. Every point will have to be scrapped for. I think a win, but close game.........perhaps, maybe not, could be, yeah?

I wish I could be there, but have got to work. I'll be able to listen to it but it's just not the same! Even so, glad the football is back. COME ON CITY!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59