Sylla gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a good piece of business from a finance point of view. I thought that Sylla had been play rather well compared to most in the team this season. But I suppose as RK has been determined not to play him, he might as well go. I would have hoped for some money for him though. I think that RK has a core of players that he wants to play and the rest can go... The squad though is very thin at the moment and I think that we def need to get some players in. A few injuries and we will have some real problems.

Not really a good piece of business from a finance point of view. I thought that Sylla had been play rather well compared to most in the team this season. But I suppose as RK has been determined not to play him, he might as well go. I would have hoped for some money for him though. I think that RK has a core of players that he wants to play and the rest can go... The squad though is very thin at the moment and I think that we def need to get some players in. A few injuries and we will have some real problems.

We got him on a free and he hasn't been playing regularly, so I think we'd have been lucky to get a fee, especially him going to a Scottish club. Also I think boc intimated he would be on lower wages up there, so we've probably had to pay off some of his remaining contract with us to encourage him to go.

Why? We weren't playing him and paying wages!

:102: is that both games or just the one ffs

Why? We weren't playing him and paying wages!

Whereas in future he will be playing for somebody else and we will still be paying some of his wages.

Still a good piece of business though.

It's called cutting your losses

"But I suppose as RK has been determined not to play him, he might as well go" that was the next line in my comments. I must say that he played alot better than Josh Low this season in all his appearances and yet he was still not being played. If we are paying for a player (and I presume a proportion of his payoff was to suppliment his wages at the next club) I would want to have his service available. Paying for something that someone else is using is not financially brilliant thinking!!

How's that Boc?

We clearly didn't intend to play him, so we save at least a portion of his wages by paying him off.

The alternative would be for us not to play him, not to pay him off - and for him to sit about doing nothing except trousering the money.

Paying for something that someone else is using is not financially brilliant thinking!!

If it saves you money, it isn't altogether bad thinking though, is it?

We clearly didn't intend to play him, so we save at least a portion of his wages by paying him off.

The alternative would be for us not to play him, not to pay him off - and for him to sit about doing nothing except trousering the money.

Quite, I didn't know we had agreed to pay him anything post leaving.

Quite, I didn't know we had agreed to pay him anything post leaving.

I can't positively say that because I don't know - but that id the normal style of business when a player would otherwise take a drop by moving to another club - remember that Sylla had no need to move; he could have stayed and continued to receive the same money for doing nothing.

I am sure that the 'contract terminated by mutual consent' is the code that signifies this sort of deal. Otherwise he would have just moved to Kilmarnock on a free transfer.

I can't positively say that because I don't know - but that id the normal style of business when a player would otherwise take a drop by moving to another club - remember that Sylla had no need to move; he could have stayed and continued to receive the same money for doing nothing.

I am sure that the 'contract terminated by mutual consent' is the code that signifies this sort of deal. Otherwise he would have just moved to Kilmarnock on a free transfer.

He probably pocketed a nice few G too from a signing on fee as Kilmarnock were saved the bother of paying for him :icon_roll

Naively i guess i had hoped that by his contract being 'terminated' then that would be that, of course we may have had to pay him something to do so, however in the current climate I can't see why Mr Taylor would condone any more than the merest of pay offs if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00