Sylla gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame he has gone. He wasn't the best or most consistent of players but I liked him all the same.

All the best at Dunfermline Momo. :038: :038:

I liked him too. The fact is the guy had skill. He really did. A great example is the 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd. Rob Kelly just didn't play him for some reason. I have total confidence in the fact that if Sylla had played instraed of Low in every match Low played in, we'd be in a higher league position.

Kilmarnock sign Leicester's Sylla

_42440479_sylla203.jpg
Sylla has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock have signed former Celtic and St Johnstone utility player Momo Sylla from Leicester City.
The 29-year-old Sylla, who has twice been capped by Guinea, moved to Rugby Park on a two-and-a-half-year contract.
Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies said: "He is a versatile player and can play in a number of positions, which is good for us having a small squad."
Sylla left Celtic in 2005 and joined up with current Dundee United manager Craig Levein at the Walkers Stadium.
But he has made just eight appearances for the Foxes this season.
"We have been negotiating trying to get Momo to the club for the past week," Jefferies told the Kilmarnock website.
"There have been one or two other things in the background too.
"I'm looking for another couple of players and hopefully something will happen next week.
"I'm particularly targeting a defensive player because of the injuries we've had."
Meanwhile, Queen of the South manager Ian McCall expects winger Willie Gibson to move from Palmerston to Kilmarnock after Tuesday's Scottish Cup replay against Dundee.
Gibson was recently on trial at Rugby Park.
"It's still very much on the cards and will happen, but when, I don't know," said McCall.
"I want Willie for the cup replay against Dundee, so nothing will take place before then."

Has signed for Kilmarnock today, why wouldnt the feckers just sign him on a free from us to save us having to pay him off?

Shows how far we have fallen when we are worrying about losing players like this, Henderson and any of the others in the squad...

Goes to show that anything outside the old firm (And some times in it too) is below the standard of the championship.

Who out of this lot has pulled up any trees after seemingly making a name for themselves in the SPL:-

Hughes
Maybury
De Vries
Sylla
Canero...

These are the ones I can remember... I am sure there may be more!

Only Paddy Kisnorbo has been anything near to a success for us, and he was originally signed for a different position.

And that is just recent history for us, there are plenty more at other clubs who have been equally uneventful...

Goes to show that anything outside the old firm (And some times in it too) is below the standard of the championship.

Who out of this lot has pulled up any trees after seemingly making a name for themselves in the SPL:-

Hughes
Maybury
De Vries
Sylla
Canero...

Only Paddy Kisnorbo has been anything near to a success for us, and he was originally signed for a different position.

And that is just recent history for us, there are plenty more at other clubs who have been equally uneventful...

Joe Hamill

Shame he has gone. He wasn't the best or most consistent of players but I liked him all the same.

All the best at Dunfermline Momo. :038: :038:

oh yea he was lovely, not the best or most consistent but i was more than happy to pay his wages.

half of you need to wake the feck up, the guy was awful, absolute waste of space. and as for saying we would be higher up the league if he has played is a joke.

Pure Bollocks

I liked him too. The fact is the guy had skill.

im sorry but that is a piss take. you need to watch some real football. i honestly cant believe the amount of respect this guy is getting. its a joke.

Similar situation to Williams IMO - he and Sylla were probably our two most skillful players but neither of them have shown much in the way of desire and they're both hopelessly inconsistent (granted Williams has picked up now he's after a contact).

Shame it didn't work out for Momo, really. He could have been good...

Similar situation to Williams IMO - he and Sylla were probably our two most skillful players but neither of them have shown much in the way of desire and they're both hopelessly inconsistent (granted Williams has picked up now he's after a contact).

Shame it didn't work out for Momo, really. He could have been good...

Still was pretty good in his recent brief appearances at international level. Being a skillful ball player just isn't enough at this level unless you are surrounded by better than average players.

Hughes
Maybury
De Vries
Sylla
Canero...

Spot on about the SPL. Without the Old Firm, it's difficult to imagine how low a standard you would be looking at .......League 1 and sinking to Irish league levels ?

I'm not taking the p-ss because in the past we have signed absolutely brilliant players from Scottish clubs....one of the differences being of course that they were mainly Scots rather than foreign rejects.

I don't think Sylla's departure will make much difference one way or another...I'm with those who think that this is just a bit of tinkering and the real measures start with getting in the new owner; new chief executive and appointing a football manager - after all we have been without one of those for some years now.

I would even go as far as saying that there is more chance of unearthing a gem from League 1 than there is of getting one from the SPL.

I would even go as far as saying that there is more chance of unearthing a gem from League 1 than there is of getting one from the SPL.

Probably. But I do think that in some respects English football is going the same way.

For instance, when i was a kid, virtually every visiting team we played had its own star player who even home supporters looked forward to seeing play. These days there is such a total concentration of top performers in four clubs to be seriously threatening to the health of the game.

The only player who has 'been a success' for us from the SPL is Kisnorbo, and yet he was the one who we thought was going to be the worst signing of the lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00