Sylla gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately with that squad we are going to have to start having a bench with some youth on it.
Our Under 18's team is scoring hatfuls of goals and getting representative honours while our first team scores less than .6 goals a game.
We need to give some of them a chance on the bench to make an impact.
They'll have a decent defence behind them and some opposition defenders who have never heard of them to have a run at.
Drop in one or two older heads and that's got to be the approach to stay afloat/move forward until proper plans can be made in the summer

I kind of agree,most of the people we have on the bench we know aren't going to change the game,they are tried and tested.It wouldn't hurt to have a bit of something Unknown on there who we could chuck on

Consequences of the boards decision to appoint Craig Levein and buy into his blue print for the future, a number of players who signed on long term deals have now been "paid off" and IMO more to follow.

In the last 12 months we have moved the following staff on and in most cases incurring significant "severance packages" :

Levein
Black
Houston
Dublin
Hamill
Gerrbrand
Sylla

And I would not be surprised to see the following offered similar routes out of the Walkers :

Douglas
Johnson
Hammond

So much for long term planning !!!!!!!!

Or possibly a consequence of the Board's decision to not stick with CL's long term strategy for the long term.

Or possibly a consequence of the Board's decision to not stick with CL's long term strategy for the long term.

i hear he's in the running for the scotland job :icon_bigg

if he gets it get your money on them not qualifying euro 08

FFS, we have only lost one player that never even made the bench!!!!, there are now a whole load of posts that are saying the squad is too thin and that times are so desperate we need to scraping around Belvior Drive for some kid who wants to play

Fecking Drama Queens

FFS, we have only lost one player that never even made the bench!!!!, there are now a whole load of posts that are saying the squad is too thin and that times are so desperate we need to scraping around Belvior Drive for some kid who wants to play

Fecking Drama Queens

Ooooooohhh get you...

Fecking Drama Queens

calm down dear!:icon_roll

Fecking Drama Queens

personally im using this thread for some light hearted fun, whilst the serious undertone makes for a wonderfully diverse thread.

I agree Boc, I think the wording of my post gives the wrong impression, I apologise.

The board signed onto Levein's vision and principles, sanctioning the signing of younger players on longer term contracts to then radically change their stance and begin clearing out the poorer performers with pay offs, I thought the whole point of the long term contracts was to provide stability and enable the club to command transfer fees in the event of a player moving on.

Momo was a drunk. I'g glad were rid.

i hear he's in the running for the scotland job :icon_bigg

if he gets it get your money on them not qualifying euro 08

Don't agree, Levein will do well IMO. Granted his tenure at Leicester was very disappointing in terms of results but he is still, and rightly so, very highly regarded in Scotland. A reporter from the Scottish Sun was interviewed last night on Talksport and he had nothing but the highest regard for Levein and he was his favourite for the job.

Levein is a good manager who had a bad spell at a club, just like Dowie did at Charlton, it does not make you a bad manager overnight.

Last edited:
i persoanlly have no room for lazy overpaid footballers, not here at city anway where we have always been built on a good work ethic with grit and determination. he was shite and had no effort. excuse of a player

On that basis Williams should have been out the door 6 months ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00