Ta Ta O'Gravy ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissapointing that the Fry up and O'Gravy combination wont make me laugh again. Well thats the only negative I can think of...

Kelly said: "In an ideal world Chris is the type of younger player that you want to keep, but everyone is aware of the financial position we are in and unfortunately we are not able to do that

"It may free up some funds to allow me to bring in a loan player. In the end it was a decent deal for the Club and the player

Is it just me, or do these comments suggest a belief that the takeover will fail?

if there was a chance the deal was going ahead, and he wanted to keep the player, surely he could have waited?

I think perhaps we are witnessing the fabled 'Plan B'? :icon_cry:

Is it just me, or do these comments suggest a belief that the takeover will fail?

if there was a chance the deal was going ahead, and he wanted to keep the player, surely he could have waited?

I thought that, and then considered that RK must at the moment at all times make decisions for the good of the club without MM's cash and that although it would be 'nice' to keep younger players, especially those he has personally picked in recent weeks, that he was not someone who would help at this time.

I think it's more Kelly living up to the nice guy image. RK clearly didn't like him, but he aint gonna come out and say something disrespectful in public

If it was Plan B I can assure that the likes of O'Grady and Low would be the last ones out the door, if the bid had failed then I would imgine the likes of Stearman, Hume and Kisnorbo would be the first names out the club in an attempt to salvage the financial position.

If it was Plan B I can assure that the likes of O'Grady and Low would be the last ones out the door, if the bid had failed then I would imgine the likes of Stearman, Hume and Kisnorbo would be the first names out the club in an attempt to salvage the financial position.

you talk sense sometimes :icon_wink

I thought that, and then considered that RK must at the moment at all times make decisions for the good of the club without MM's cash and that although it would be 'nice' to keep younger players, especially those he has personally picked in recent weeks, that he was not someone who would help at this time.

so at best, it suggests that the takeover is still in doubt

I think it's more Kelly living up to the nice guy image. RK clearly didn't like him, but he aint gonna come out and say something disrespectful in public

he didn't say anything of the sort regarding Low. and there is no logical reason to suggest the club are desperate for 65k (pittance in football) unless we are, in fact desperate.

i agree there are more valuable (£) players, but that doesn't mean fringe players wouldn't go as well. and it could be more about reducing the wage bill than transfer fee's. if the choice was 'loose several fringe players' or 'a couple of first teamers' i would probably do the same.

I hope i am wrong, but at best, it does seem to suggest that 'insider' reports that the deal is done, are premature.

he didn't say anything of the sort regarding Low. and there is no logical reason to suggest the club are desperate for 65k (pittance in football) unless we are, in fact desperate.
Because he didn't have a problem with Low and had nothing to cover up, I agree with you over the money, we can't be desperate for £65,000. But it's the wages saved that is most important to the club

Because he didn't have a problem with Low and had nothing to cover up, I agree with you over the money, we can't be desperate for £65,000. But it's the wages saved that is most important to the club

It could be that with imminent loan signings and more money in the Summer RK realises that these fringe players will not be good enough to get anywhere near the squad. Maybe RK has told them this and offered them the chance to find themselves first team football somewhere else (or may be had received enquiries for them anyway).

This could be a sign that the deal is imminent.

We can read into this whatever way we like!

It could be that with imminent loan signings and more money in the Summer RK realises that these fringe players will not be good enough to get anywhere near the squad. Maybe RK has told them this and offered them the chance to find themselves first team football somewhere else (or may be had received enquiries for them anyway).

This could be a sign that the deal is imminent.
I think your post is the most likely scenario. Todays fringe players will be shipped out. Some of todays first team will be demoted to fringe players, allowing new players to be brought in to the first team

Seems to me that until the deal is done (or not) then everyone at the club has to manage on the situation as is. If they start spending without off-setting savings, on the basis that they expect a windfall soon then that in itself could put more difficulties into the take-over as the financial situation would change yet again.

And if / when it was completed, would you want to be the person who says to him "Hi, I'm the one who spent your money before you got here!"

Plus, from what we have read about the current financial situation, it would seem the club are right up to, or even over, their borrowing limits. Would you (as the bank, teachers or whoever) say yes, go on, spend without saving on the basis there might be some cash coming in sometime soon. Like Billy Bunter and his Postal orders. I think not

We can't spend his money before he gets here, we haven't got any. My scenario above is based around everybody involved in this process fully aware that MM will be in shortly. MM as asked them to get rid of fringe players before the transfer window closes in case the deal hasn't gone through, he'll then either look at loanees or purchases time depending

Last edited:
We can't spend his money before he gets here, we haven't got any. My scenario above is based around everybody involved in this process fully aware that MM will be in shortly. MM as asked them to get rid of fringe players before the transfer window closes in case the deal hasn't gone through, he'll then either look at loanees or purchases time depending

Quite possible I would think.

My comment above related to earlier comments to the effect that saving £65k
to afford a loan player was peanuts.

We've managed to spend money we haven't got in the past.

With the takeover looking inevitable banks will be willing to lend us money, and transfer fees are often not paid all up front anyway, they're paid in installments.

I was thinking more of wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00