Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvellous :mad:

I must admit I don't see the great deal that MM has put on the table.

He's put some money forward to buy the club's shares, and thats it.

There's nothing to say he'll buy the stadium back, nothing to say he'll give RK any money, nothing to say he's going to do much else.

Just cause he's done well at Pompey (albeit with a few mistakes on the way) doesn't mean he's guarenteed to do the same here and if it goes wrong (and it might) the club would be fecked if he walked away.

There's nothing to say he'll buy the stadium back, nothing to say he'll give RK any money, nothing to say he's going to do much else.

Just cause he's done well at Pompey (albeit with a few mistakes on the way) doesn't mean he's guarenteed to do the same here and if it goes wrong (and it might) the club would be fecked if he walked away.

I would see your logic if it wasnt already fecked.

And the current board have done exactly that. Its not in MM's interests to buy the club and do nothing with it. He won't realise his investment unless we get into the premiership.

Maybe the current board could work alongside MM, I don't really care who sees the profits in their pockets, so long as the playing squad is invested in wisely.

I'd be happy for this scenario so long as MM could invest freely. I just don't think MM will be.

The most important thing for me is:

A financial input into the playing squad that isn't given solely to the current regime, if somebody is overseeing them, ie the investor, then it could work

if i remember rightly in one of MM's interviews he said that should the bid be accepted he was looking forward to working with TNBD AT etc, does this mean they will remain at the club in some capacity anyway?

The most important thing for me is:

A financial input into the playing squad that isn't given solely to the current regime, if somebody is overseeing them, ie the investor, then it could work

What have the current regime done to cause you not to trust them with any funds?!

Agree with some points, Dunc....but as far as "no money to RK, not doing much else" - i'd say that, in general, his record/ego indicates he wouldn't want to be seen as a failure, which should suggest freeing up some funds for RK, and i'd be pretty sure that ultimately, his aim would include the stadium?

What have they done to gain yours?

In terms of providing CL/RK with funds for players they've done nothing wrong IMO, the money from Connelly went to the manager who signed good and bad with it.

In terms of giving the manager the limited funds available and backing their judgement I see nothing wrong.

Also I agree with their policy of developing a young side that will develop over the next few seasons rather than buying loads of old crap like MA.

Agree with some points, Dunc....but as far as "no money to RK, not doing much else" - i'd say that, in general, his record/ego indicates he wouldn't want to be seen as a failure, which should suggest freeing up some funds for RK, and i'd be pretty sure that ultimately, his aim would include the stadium?

I agree, so come out and put your money where your mouth is at the start. He's not got anything to hide, instead it would probably appease the board if he did, so why be so cloak and dagger.

Seems daft to me.

In terms of providing CL/RK with funds for players they've done nothing wrong IMO, the money from Connelly went to the manager who signed good and bad with it.

In terms of giving the manager the limited funds available and backing their judgement I see nothing wrong.

Also I agree with their policy of developing a young side that will develop over the next few seasons rather than buying loads of old crap like MA.
OK, I see your points. I draw my conclusion from the fact that we haven't moved forward since they took over. Nothing more, nothing less. Our current board constantly come out with statements and actions that stink of "We're happy in this division", maybe I'm just reading them wrongly

Its not in MM's interests to buy the club and do nothing with it. He won't realise his investment unless we get into the premiership.

Every club in this division wants to get into the Premiership - and some of them have got richer backers than MM.
When he got Portsmouth promoted it took 4 years, and few clubs had any money at the time due to the collapse of ITV digital, so that made it easier for Portsmouth to sign good players. It won't be so easy this time.

The way he deals with possible failure is the key for me. If he's here for 5 years and we're still in this division and he then leaves, I would hope there are guarantees in place to make sure we're not saddled with debts. If the club wants to get into debt they can do that without MM.

Arguably we have a better side than Portsmouth did.

Are you happy with mediocrity?

The key is to get a good manager (which i think we have) and make some intelligent signings. We have a very good core to the side and the addition of 2/3 good players we can easily move into the playoffs. Unfortunately the current board are so scared of failing they won't put money in. Whilst they are in charge i fear we will go no where.

Given money i think RK can get some eager players who want to prove a point, like Dickov who was kicking his heels. They are out there, all they want is a chance.

I hear that the only real stumbling block for MM's bid now is his financial plan for the future of the club, i.e. the lack of one.

Despite a lot of pressure and questioning MM is refusing to explain where his investment will come from, how it will be spent and his timescales for doing so, preferring to say that he will select what he considers to make the most financial sense at the time.

Of interest to some will be his refusal to also rule any future ground share, if if there is financial sence for doing so.

Thats bollix the Connolly money went to clear the £3.6m dept from last season. They have had £17m+ in two seasons plus STH cash etc, cut the playing budget to a third what it was and still only made £1.6m profit over two years. They are incompetent to say the least.

With an invetsment of £200K they could have had Kasabian fill the stadium and made a huge profit. But they would not cough up the cash. Now when someone wants to buy them out and relegate them to fans only, they suddenly come up with the idea of raising £3m which they will also piss up the wall.
They are only in it for themselves.

Thats bollix the Connolly money went to clear the £3.6m dept from last season. They have had £17m+ in two seasons plus STH cash etc, cut the playing budget to a third what it was and still only made £1.6m profit over two years. They are incompetent to say the least.

With an invetsment of £200K they could have had Kasabian fill the stadium and made a huge profit. But they would not cough up the cash. Now when someone wants to buy them out and relegate them to fans only, they suddenly come up with the idea of raising £3m which they will also piss up the wall.
They are only in it for themselves.

1. better than most recently relegated clubs have done

2. Very doubtful - stadium concerts rarely produce a significant profit

3. Have they?

The way he deals with possible failure is the key for me. If he's here for 5 years and we're still in this division and he then leaves, I would hope there are guarantees in place to make sure we're not saddled with debts. If the club wants to get into debt they can do that without MM.

My primary concern exactly, what will happen once Mandaric has spent his cash and time has run out. Thats why the rumours of him 'lending' us the £20 million are particularly worrying for me, its the safest way for him of getting his cash back if it goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669