Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that the only real stumbling block for MM's bid now is his financial plan for the future of the club, i.e. the lack of one.

Despite a lot of pressure and questioning MM is refusing to explain where his investment will come from, how it will be spent and his timescales for doing so, preferring to say that he will select what he considers to make the most financial sense at the time.

Of interest to some will be his refusal to also rule any future ground share, if if there is financial sence for doing so.

and IMO thats exactly how he should be working, He isnt in the business of ruining the club its not in his best interests FFS. Lets get him in and sort this mess out ASAP.

With an invetsment of £200K they could have had Kasabian fill the stadium and made a huge profit.

It costs a lot to stage a gig, they would be unlikely to make back the £200,000 investment and make a huge profit from a Kasabian gig.

Any gig if it had happened by now would have had to have happened before their latest album, and all the hype that went with having a number one. They haven't done stadium gigs before, they've done small venues holding a couple of thousand people, the same kind of venues they're doing on their current tour. What makes you think they could sell out the Walkers Stadium? Kasabian aren't that big yet!

On past form loans are indeed the way that MM would proceed. Why everyone thinks the club are on the verge of looking a gift horse in the mouth is completely beyond me, I can only assume it's sheer desperation. I'm not impressed with the way anyone is conducting themselves, but there has been no substance to the MM bid whatsoever to get excited about. People saying "Look at how he left Portsmouth" completely forget that a few less points last season would have seen them back in our league, still with that crap ground, and probably without their nice shiny buyer. A lot of it's down to luck. It's not like it helped last time we had loads of money for players is it?!?

I think I owe the FT a partial apology for cynicism, but I still reckon that the (good) info they've put on their site could have been up there earlier. I'd trust their pronouncements ahead of the Mercury every time though.

It costs a lot to stage a gig, they would be unlikely to make back the £200,000 investment and make a huge profit from a Kasabian gig.

Any gig if it had happened by now would have had to have happened before their latest album, and all the hype that went with having a number one. They haven't done stadium gigs before, they've done small venues holding a couple of thousand people, the same kind of venues they're doing on their current tour. What makes you think they could sell out the Walkers Stadium? Kasabian aren't that big yet!

but are they as big as Nathan and the Quo??

IMO they would fill the walkers home town and all that.

Maybe Martin George will ride over the hill as our Knight in Shining Armour and make a last minute bid for the club, would not surprise me in the least to see another bid be lodged in the next week, especially now that more info regarding the other options are now starting to enter the public domain like Mandaric's bid and the shareholders additional investment.

Thats bollix the Connolly money went to clear the £3.6m dept from last season. They have had £17m+ in two seasons plus STH cash etc, cut the playing budget to a third what it was and still only made £1.6m profit over two years. They are incompetent to say the least.

You ignored me the last time I said this, so I'll say it again. I think our wage bill was something like £6 million last season, and £12 million the season before. That's £18 million. Two seasons ago we were still paying players contracts from the Taylor era. That's where all the money went.

Doubt if they could fill it now after having a number one album, I'm sure they wouldn't have done before their new album came out, which is when it would have had to take place.

Fair enough, they attracted a very big crowd at Glastonbury though. Although I take your point that it would have needed to have been well timed, which I think it was.

How will he get his money back if the club have spent it?

If he loans money to the club we could spend the next 10 years paying it back, plus interest. Or he could sell the ground and the training ground to get his money back before he sells the club. That's why we need guarantees in place before he's allowed to take over.
Obviously he won't go into it thinking he's going to fail, but we've seen people buy clubs with good intentions in the past who have left clubs in a mess. Just because he didn't fail at Portsmouth doesn't mean it can't happen.

:081: :081: I'm still fecking laughing at this, it's got me massively amused :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669