Takeover Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it's a mixture of things. The fact she has no experience of the British marketing/PR industry or indeed football of any kind. She does however have a degree in marketing.

Jo Bucci springs to mind.

Good luck to her though. Hope she proves me wrong.

I am sure I should know but who is Jo Bucci?

About three quarters of an hour before the game started they were outside the ground smoking. I was amused that even if you own the club you still can't smoke inside the stadium.

The new owners will clearly hope to gain financially from the link with Leicester City. However, I would guess there is more to it. To use an Americanism the young man Top will want to "sit at the cool kids table".
This means mixing with Man U and Arsenal rather than Scunthorpe and Doncaster.

The good thing about the takeover is that money will be put into the club. There are dangers. The young man may become impatient for success. I hope Sousa will be given time. He may not know that neither Clough at Forest or Revie at Leeds (yes I know it is a squalid example) gained promotion from the Second Division in their first year. There is also a danger of throwing money away Portsmouth style.

As it is Thai millionaires are yet another twist in the soap opera that is Leicester City and I intend to enjoy the ride.

So far there is no indication that the Thai owners have the sort of mega bucks that makes it probable they will chuck money around big time.

Uncle Milan seems to have managed to find an exit route that will enable him to recoup some, most or all of his money but that doesn't mean that Sousa is going to be allowed to bring in expensive players.

We should know the extent of any new spending policy by the end of January.

http://sport.mthai.com/football/english/43842.html

Thai to English translationShow romanization
Progress in the purchase of a British football team. "Club Leicester City" by King Power Group is an official announcement was released to Thailand and the UK. The Infinity Room 1 Pullman King Power at noon on 18 August Wichai love Sri Aksorn President King Power Group, with Mr. Al-Â Â Love Wat Sri Aksorn assistant chairman. Administration's. Announced joint venture with the club, "fox" Leicester City team in the Champions League Championship English officially

Wichai said that it was holding 100 percent of the club successfully. Reached an agreement after purchase from Milan club president Rich Mandarin but can not reveal the exact amount was. However, 49 percent may be sold to other investors. , Which multinational Asian Contact ago Particularly Indonesia and Singapore.

"Confirmed that the club acquired Leicester City this is because the love of football Does not wish to do so profitably sell to or buy the course. Therefore, partners will join the management team must create a team concept in the long run. And for Asian football as well, "said Wichai iterate

The vision of the management team. Chairman of King Power Group, said the ultimate goal is to bring Leicester's team. Upgrading the Champions League Championship. English Premier returned to the stage. To them again. What is the fastest this season. From supplementary army won by five players from the league most of the Arsenal 2 Fulham 2 Tottenham Hotspur and a person, but must wait for the closing move the team before the end of this month. To be a clearly identified.

When asked about the development of the Thai Football Wichai said that he had an idea the Leicester City football school in Thailand to develop young players a chance to step into global arena. And the force behind the Thai football future. At the time the Academy has not yet completed, we will send these players. To attend training with the England Academy. However, acceptance may be some support for the Thai team in the Premier League, EA P. Ram, a close friend of Mr. Ne Win was a close like the politicians.

While Mr. Al   Wat said he served. Executive director of the club Leicester City. Have the power and responsibility. Decisions about the management of all But because the new is the Mandarin Rich continue to serve as president club as before, at least 12 months of buying players supplement the army would leave the duty of the team responsible for the direct personal view it in terms of the use pay.

"This investment. In addition to opportunities to receive coaching youth football from both the Academy. English and Thai and then. To pull a project team "Fox" to kick the Thai National Team friendlies certainly within this year. Expected to be held prior to 5 December, "said Al   Wat said.

For a company King Power duty-free retailers, the largest in Thailand Recently signed a shirt sponsorship expectations chest "The Fox" for three years previously.

Source - Thai Rath.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/marketing/191753/king-power-seeks-football-academy

The takeover of Leicester City Football Club in England by Vichai Raksriaksorn, chairman and CEO of King Power Group, will benefit his duty-free business.

172368.jpg

Vichai Raksriaksorn shows a new jersey for his recently acquired Leicester City Football Club. The King Power chairman expects his duty-free business will now gain more global visibility.

Exposure of King Power in the international market will increase as its corporate name will appear on player jerseys for three years, starting with the 2010-11 English Championship season that opened last week.

Mr Vichai said the purchase was a personal investment through the Asia Football Investments Consortium. He declined to disclose the value but said he would reduce his 100% share in the club to 51% in the future by allowing co-investors. Sources estimate the purchase was for around 2 billion baht.

"Many investors both locally and internationally have already approached me to be shareholders in my consortium. We all have a similar goal - to build Thailand as a football academy for Asia in the future," Mr Vichai said.

He plans to set up a football academy in Thailand and hopes this will pave the way for local youths to play in international games at Leicester City.

Mr Vichai is now preparing to open the first Leicester City souvenir outlet at King Power duty-free at Suvarnabhumi Airport around mid-September.

The purchase fulfilled his dream of owning a football club.

"Soccer is one of my favourite sports besides polo. I've supported polo over the past 15 years and spent several hundred million baht on it even though it does not generate huge profits," he said.

He believes Leicester City has great potential to qualify for promotion to the Premier League next season.

"We will provide financial support for the club to buy new players to strengthen the team. The budget may be more than 10 million pounds. We are also impressed with the club's well-established academy," he said.

Mr Vichai will talk to Milan Mandaric, the present chairman of Leicester City, about the location of the academy in Thailand. He expects to choose a land plot in Samut Prakan's Bang Bo district or another plot near Suvarnabhumi.

Thailand has a number of talented and promising soccer players, but scarce resources and professional coaches to train them, he said. An English football academy could address that deficiency.

Mr Vichai's son Aiyawatt took the position of executive director at Leicester City and is taking control of club management, as Mr Mandaric handed him the decision-making authority.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/191748/new-owner-eyes-promotion

New owner eyes promotion

* Published: 19/08/2010 at 12:00 AM
* Newspaper section: Sports

New Leicester City owner Vichai Raksriaksorn wants the Championship side to return to the Premier League next season following his takeover of the Foxes.

Vichai, chairman and CEO of King Power Group, told a press conference yesterday that while his duty-free business would gain from the deal, the takeover was prompted by sporting rather than business reasons.

"It is a challenge. Our goal is to take Leicester back to the Premier League next year," said Vichai who completed the takeover last week.

At this stage, Leicester may bring in unwanted players from big Premier League clubs on loan or buy players at a reasonable price, he said.

"You never know, we may buy Didier Drogba," Vichai said jokingly.

His son Aiyawatt, now a Leicester director, said the club need quality defenders and midfielders but manager Paulo Sousa will be allowed to look for players he wants and Aiyawatt will then make a decision whether the club should buy them.

Earlier reports claimed Vichai was in talks with a TV station for it to show Leicester's remaining games this season live.

Leicester finished fifth in the Championship last season and failed in the play-offs for a Premiership berth. The Foxes last played in the top flight in 2004.

Vichai said it was Phairoj Piempongsarn who introduced him to Leicester and a deal was struck after a talk with club chairman Milan Mandaric. Phairoj is one of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's close aides who helped broker Thaksin's takeover of Manchester City in 2007.

Vichai, whose favourite sport is polo, insisted that he took over the club because he loves sports and wants to help push Thai football to international standard.

King Power has recently signed a contract to become a major sponsor of the club with its logo on the players' shirts.

Vichai said Leicester's Walker Stadium will be renamed King Power Stadium in December after the contract with a sponsor expires.

Woohoo! We buy Diddier Drogba. I love them long time.:038:

Except he called it soccer so I won't, I'm sending my season ticket back in disgust. Bastards.:mad:

Woohoo! We buy Diddier Drogba. I love them long time.:038:

Except he called it soccer so I won't, I'm sending my season ticket back in disgust. Bastards.:mad:

I like that they feel the need to qualify this and make it absolutely clear that its not serious.

I like that they feel the need to qualify this and make it absolutely clear that its not serious.

Too late - there'll be a thread on FT now, and then it'll hit the Twittersphere and go global by elevensies.

So are we are set to sign Drogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670