Takeover Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
You chaps want jam on it!

The fact that the deal has gone through, and that we are now owned by a consortium, is good news in itself. I hope Milan lives to be 100 - and still involved with Leicester City, but should anything happen, we will not be in Southampton's predicament.

As to transfer funds, let us hope that there will be a sizeable sum made available but, were figures to be announced, wouldn't the cost of every player that we want to sign be tripled?

I've a feeling we will know how much these guys are willing to part with when the first signing is made. If it is for anything in the region of £1M it means that they want it on the cheap...just like our esteemed chairman to date.

I've a feeling we will know how much these guys are willing to part with when the first signing is made. If it is for anything in the region of £1M it means that they want it on the cheap...just like our esteemed chairman to date.

Nah, Matty Fryatt will go for much more than that.

I am not so sure. I do not think that too much needs to be spent to get us up and we will have more pull when we have reached the Premiership. It may therefore make sense to go slowly. Look what happened when we spent all Milan's money in one spree!

I would hope that they have cleared our accumulated debts - that's no bad thing at all, and might mean we run at somewhere nearing break-even going forward. Big money for transfers? Doubt it very much.

I am inspired. We've always lacked ambition, strength and partnership until now.

In terms of football owners though, this guy is hardly that flush. I would expect a similar level of money to be spent as when Milan first got here .

In terms of football owners though, this guy is hardly that flush. I would expect a similar level of money to be spent as when Milan first got here .

Worth considering, however, That milan should realise straight spending achieves nothing. If he's still chairman he'll probably exercise caution with the signings.

The fact that the deal has gone through, and that we are now owned by a consortium, is good news in itself.

Is it? Is that definitely the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670