Talking Ballers for Managers Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

On the 'is bruce rioch anygood??' thread Dour said in response to criticism (towards Lozhogan ): "Don't be so mean. Yesterday was a bad day in that there wasn't a new name in the ring. Lozhogan has done good work here."

In keeping with this I would like to throw some new names into the pot to maintain interest and posting for the sake of posting. However, not the same old recycled names that arise inducing mass outbreaks of tedium-itis. To this end I would like to nominate some TB'ers and perhaps you could do the same - and say why. Let's use a new broom to sweep out other positions too and appoint a host of new faces to many positions

MANAGER
1) & 2) Alex & Old Git
Reason:
Two of the most cerebal and amusing TB'ers. We need 'thinkers' instead of plonkers & plodders managing the club. Their IQ is clearly above the combined total of the squad and the players may find it hard to understand them, but this is to be desired. LCFC have long suffered from the players following their managers' instructions. The players need a manager from whom they will take no instructions. Instead, Alex and Old Git could send them onto the field of play with a witicism from Oscar Wilde wringing in their ears

3) Newton Fox & Nottingham Fox
Reason:
Long established, closely linked to LCFC for years through these boards. TB's equivalent of Steve Walsh. However, MM has already ruled them out because as English is his second language he cannot tell the difference between them. Some TB'ers have ruled out the latter because of his association with Nottingham

4 Brauny Blue, Homer
Reason:
Can never rule these two out

(5) & (6) Beaumont Fox & Yorkshire Vixen
Not token women candidates! ok, I jest, Yorkshire Vixen is (the club need someone to make the sandwhiches & pour the orange juices). However BF is a serious candidate. However, because she often talks sense, she may prove to be unpopular with the fans. They too, like the players, may want someone they cannot understand.

ASSISTANT MANAGER
Brauny Blue (if not making the top job)
Probably as bright as Alex and Old Git but he tends to talk about football rather more rather than going off on splendid abstract digressions and witty retorts, so he would be a good balance. Whilst the manager is explaining 'Proust for Beginners' Brauny could read out the press clippings & reports on our games, explaining the long words in the Guardian.

PHYSIO
Macky - to administer the drugs

P.R.O.
Melton Fox - can you imagine what he would say on the field pre-match and off the field? He would only last 48 hours before MM dismissed him for saying something naughty. But what a fun 48 hours they would be.

CHAIRMAN
Any TB'er with a chair, as you can't be a chairman without a chair to sit on at meetings. The chair you own must be an expensive one as having money is a big prerequisite for the job.

Last edited:
Vote Joe_Fox

...you tossers

And I would like to do the gardening at the training ground.

Ahh yes, you are another good poster. The club MUST find a role for you. If it's gardening you want, then perhaps you could grow some cannabis weeds passing them onto our new physio.

Me and OG will run ting......What a gwan ruuuude boyyyzzzzz...?

Consty, brilliant.

Ahh yes, you are another good poster. The club MUST find a role for you. If it's gardening you want, then perhaps you could grow some cannabis weeds passing them onto our new physio.

< Goes to greenhouse>

cannabis.jpg

I have just planted some new pla... what was I talking about? Feck I am hungry... anybody got any wotsits?

Last edited:
so bf talks sense and i dont eh???? yer cheeky fecker :icon_roll:)

Dear Yorkshire,
yes, frankly, much more sense.
Besides which, we don't like northeners in these parts (even if they're expats from Leicester). You're bound to be saying 'ebygum' instead of 'meduck' by now. Sorry.

Contsy - Can I use the words "cnut", or "cnuts" in any of my press activities?

Last edited:
Contsy - Can I use the words "cnut", or "cnuts" in any of my press activities?

Dear Melton,
If it was up to me, I would say yes a resounding 'yes'. But it is precisely asking this question which confirms my belief that you would last 48 hours in the job. But what a glorious 48 hours they would be.
I presume one of the first persons to whom you might address this adjective is a certain craggy-faced Serbian... and if he thought you were saying 'you Croat', he'd STILL sack you, but for different reasons. 'Croat', to him, is a far worse insult.

Last edited:
Dear Melton,
If it was up to me, I would say yes a resounding 'yes'. But it is precisely asking this question which confirms my belief that you would last 48 hours in the job. But what a glorious 48 hours they would be.
I presume one of the first persons to whom you might address this adjective is a certain craggy-faced Serbian... and if he thought you were saying 'you Croat', he'd STILL sack you, but for different reasons. 'Croat', to him, is a far worse insult.
I'm a Milan fan. I'd call his employees for not supporting their new boss.

Then I'd call Milan for not gaining the respect he needs to run this club successfully.

Consty when will I know I have the job please?

I think MM is monitoring the boards in America in his hotel suite whilst being serviced by a Latino hooker from whose belly-button he is snorting coca cola (if you know what I mean). He is waiting to see who is the popular choice, as he wants to be loved. So, in short, you need more nominations and endorsements on here from TB'ers. MM will give it another 24 hours, then you will hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669