Talking Balls London Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

Seeing as I am finally leaving Leicester for the big smoke, I thought it would be a good idea to get better acquainted with the members on here who live in London - us Foxes need to stick together!

My primary concern is where the hell am I going to watch Leicester vs Forest away on Sky! I was originally planning to go to the match, but money is going to be tight from now on, so if any of you Londoners know of any decent, Leicester-friendly pubs, give me a shout - first pint's on me.

Seeing as I am finally leaving Leicester for the big smoke, I thought it would be a good idea to get better acquainted with the members on here who live in London - us Foxes need to stick together!

My primary concern is where the hell am I going to watch Leicester vs Forest away on Sky! I was originally planning to go to the match, but money is going to be tight from now on, so if any of you Londoners know of any decent, Leicester-friendly pubs, give me a shout - first pint's on me.

New job Ricardo?

I'm in the smoke and I've managed to convert a couple of kiwi mates down here into Leicester fans so we usually go to a pub together for the televised games.

However, I'm not aware of any specific pubs around here where Leicester fans congregate - all I would say is do't go to the Sports Cafe on Haymarket as it's overpriced and sh1t.

I'm on holiday for the Forest game but you'd be quite welcome to join us in the pub to watch any games on tv next season...

New job Ricardo?

Indeed mate, working for Precise Media in London as a Media Intelligence Officer, it's not great money but it beats working in a bloody pub any day of the week :icon_bigg

I'm in the smoke and I've managed to convert a couple of kiwi mates down here into Leicester fans so we usually go to a pub together for the televised games.

However, I'm not aware of any specific pubs around here where Leicester fans congregate - all I would say is do't go to the Sports Cafe on Haymarket as it's overpriced and sh1t.

I'm on holiday for the Forest game but you'd be quite welcome to join us in the pub to watch any games on tv next season...

Cheers for that mate :023:

When I lived in London, I tended to head down the Sports Cafe whenever City played on TV. It was the only place guaranteed I knew of that would show a League One game alongside, for example, the Merseyside derby.

I know. I don't care. They are paying me good money to do one of the easiest jobs I've ever had.

I work for heineken and know a load of decent pubs in London. Where abouts will you be living - can definitely point you in the right direction.

I would certainly like to meet up for a watching a game/beers etc. What part of London does anyone want to meet?

How about the East Midlands Trains concourse at St Pancras station? Very handy for catching the 11:55 train and still time to have a few before walking down to The Walkers.

How about the East Midlands Trains concourse at St Pancras station? Very handy for catching the 11:55 train and still time to have a few before walking down to The Walkers.

the Champagne bar Boc?

:)

i'm up for London beers.... depending on where the hell i am from day to day

the Champagne bar Boc?

:)

i'm up for London beers.... depending on where the hell i am from day to day
The Betjamin at St Pancras is where we meet up before going to home games. If anyone fancies travelling to any home or away games from London with us London based fans please feel free to PM me.

Problem with London is that it's enormous, so there isn't really a focal point for anything. I live right down in the south east of town, near Selhurst Park, and it would take me 90 mins to get to somewhere like Wembley in the north west of town. That's nearly as long as the train from St Pancras to Leicester.

As someone has already asked, where are you gonna be living? Think of each area as being as far apart as Harborough, Hinckley, Loughborough, Coalville, etc and you'll get what I mean. It's easier to think of London as a county full of towns rather than a provincial style, Leicester-like city.

Last edited:
Not sure where I'm going to be living yet to be honest, I've been looking at flatshares all week and I'm starting to line up some viewings. I think I'll definitely be somewhere in the south east/west though.

Not sure where I'm going to be living yet to be honest, I've been looking at flatshares all week and I'm starting to line up some viewings. I think I'll definitely be somewhere in the south east/west though.

:018: If you must live south of the river then SW is best. However remember most cab drivers will not go south of the river at night from central London. :icon_conf

They do. I've never had trouble and I live really far south.

South London is, to my tastes, far more pleasant than north, butbut I'd recommend you move near people you know, wherever that may be.

If money was no object I'd live in Herne Hill or Brixton. Both superb places to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566