Talking Balls vs FoxesTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

A question for Jeff mainly, but I welcome other views.

I have been a 'founding' member with Jeff, Joe Fox, MK Fox and Homer, since the re-launch in May 2003.

I witnessed the 'carnage' as the kids took their toys they had thrown out of the pram and formed FT!

I have noticed a couple of times over the last few months while the takeover was going on particularly, that if there was 'consultation' from LCFC or the Foxes Trust, it appeared to go there first and then filter across to us.

Obviously this is upsetting, as I feel we are more knowledgeable and have more fun, but deserve to be taken seriously.

Do they have more active members than us or are they just more 'vocal' towards LCFC and the Foxes Trust?

I think a few of the people from foxestalk were fairly aggressive in promoting the site, by spamming other sites etc (including this one), something I've always refused to do.
So they got their name seen by more people on other sites, and are probably better known for that reason.

I'm not aware of what might have happened there regarding stuff from LCFC or the Foxes Trust, because I only look there when someone posts a link to a specific thread.

The only official contact I've had from the club is when they've asked me to remove posts when something allegedly libellous was posted, and when people have posted links to copyrighted stuff from Leicester City World. So they are aware of us but don't seem to have taken much interest.

As for the question about the number of members they have, I don't know how many they have, it doesn't appear on the bits of the site I can see - maybe it's something members can see.

In terms of the amount of posting activity, from a quick look at the total posts and the dates of the oldest, it looks like they average more posts a day, but there's not a great deal in it.

I have noticed a couple of times over the last few months while the takeover was going on particularly, that if there was 'consultation' from LCFC or the Foxes Trust, it appeared to go there first and then filter across to us.

Obviously this is upsetting, as I feel we are more knowledgeable and have more fun, but deserve to be taken seriously.

Do they have more active members than us or are they just more 'vocal' towards LCFC and the Foxes Trust?
Mike, FT was the first forum I found when surfing the internet. I joined that one about 18 months ago and posted *ahem* once or twice. I joined TB shortly afterwards and posted now and then but found myself prefering this forum for a number of reasons.

If a story breaks, it breaks here first. FT have a number of kiddies trying to be impressionable but the only person that posted anything on FT that was supported by fact happens to post on here too.

In fact, the Trust stopped posting on FT altogether due to the vitriolic response it provoked - so I would say TB is taken much more seriously than FT by them...but they would be able to answer that.

There is no direct link to the club and no story gets delivered to FT - a combination of kids not paying attention during lessons and retired blokes continually scan the OS in an effort to be the first to start a new thread quoting the latest article.

The upshot of this is that you get three identical threads and a heavy reliance on crap rumour websites (getting their rumours from the same kids and retired blokes).

There has been the offer to donate merchandise from the club for a cometition but this has been carried out by one member pro-actively contacting the club to obtain the items. Nothing stops TB from doing the same.

Perception of FT relies entirely on the attractive interface, like politics - people like something that looks nice. If you look at the actual active membership then numbers seem to be on par with TB and I would say TB is more widely read simply because of the posters with a history for being able to release inside news that FT just doesn't have.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother getting upset about it - at the end of the day who cares what anyone thinks of FoxesTalk? Or Talking Balls come to that?

It is nice to see a poster who is almost embarrased to have been a member before he saw the light. It would seem then that they are just aggressive about knowing feck all!
I assume they still believe that any Leicester team with an average age of 18 or under could storm this division!

Perception of FT relies entirely on the attractive interface, like politics - people like something that looks nice. If you look at the actual active membership then numbers seem to be on par with TB and I would say TB is more widely read simply because of the posters with a history for being able to release inside news that FT just doesn't have.

:icon_eek: The who did what now when?!?!? Attractive interface?
It looks like a collage gone wrong at a special needs school.
My eyeballs feel like they've been rubbed with a piece of glasspaper just thinking about it.

I've been on here for yonks and it is my first port of call for any football related news. I have never even attempted to look into any other forum as I like to stick with what, and who, I know. So bollocks to 'em.

I've been on here for yonks and it is my first port of call for any football related news. I have never even attempted to look into any other forum as I like to stick with what, and who, I know. So bollocks to 'em.

Who are you again???

:icon_eek: The who did what now when?!?!? Attractive interface?
It looks like a collage gone wrong at a special needs school.
I like pictures...especially ones produced by ASBO-holders on Ritalin

n507941915_403057_1913.jpg

Talking Balls vs FoxesTalk who's best?

there's only one way to decide...

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

A question for Jeff mainly, but I welcome other views.

I have been a 'founding' member with Jeff, Joe Fox, MK Fox and Homer, since the re-launch in May 2003.

I witnessed the 'carnage' as the kids took their toys they had thrown out of the pram and formed FT!

And me actually. Always forgotten.

Last edited:
I was here from the start as well, forgotten also.
But I don't care. :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_cry::icon_redf

well i wrote the first ever LCFC website

so there

I always wonder if this site suffers slightly due to the name not reflecting its LCFC nature.

I always wonder if this site suffers slightly due to the name not reflecting its LCFC nature.

But this would only encourage more blue mongies to join and we have enough already! :icon_bigg

I was here from the start as well, forgotten also.
But I don't care. :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_cry::icon_redf

Same here. I've been here right back to the old Filbertstreet.net days when you could post as anyone you wanted. Then came Leicestershire.com. Those were the days.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669