Talking Balls vs FoxesTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
people have said that foxestalk is for kids. i should really be on there because im only 15 but i prefer TB by a long way because all i have read on FT is the senior members talking about leicester city then a bunch of kids looking for attention come into the threads and take the threads subject away from leicester city and into something totally irrelevent. thats why its crap.

people have said that foxestalk is for kids. i should really be on there because im only 15 but i prefer TB by a long way

.......... er really? It says 16 in your profile and of course you need to be at least 16 to be in this part of Talkingballs. ;)

.......... er really? It says 16 in your profile and of course you need to be at least 16 to be in this part of Talkingballs. ;)

It says 15 in his profile.

But I have noticed there's a bug (actually I forgot to update one of the files), which allows under 16s to access certain threads here in certain circumstances. Looking into it now...

people have said that foxestalk is for kids. i should really be on there because im only 15 but i prefer TB by a long way because all i have read on FT is the senior members talking about leicester city then a bunch of kids looking for attention come into the threads and take the threads subject away from leicester city and into something totally irrelevent. thats why its crap.

:039:

It says 15 in his profile.

But I have noticed there's a bug (actually I forgot to update one of the files), which allows under 16s to access certain threads here in certain circumstances. Looking into it now...

I wish I hadn't said anything now as I thought he was 16. :icon_conf :icon_conf

all i have read on FT is the senior members talking about leicester city then a bunch of kids looking for attention come into the threads and take the threads subject away from leicester city and into something totally irrelevent.

Well thankfully you won't see any of that kind of carry on around here :icon_roll :icon_lol:

In fact, the Trust stopped posting on FT altogether due to the vitriolic response it provoked.

Mainly from you if I remember correctly
Perception of FT relies entirely on the attractive interface, like politics - people like something that looks nice. If you look at the actual active membership then numbers seem to be on par with TB and I would say TB is more widely read simply because of the posters with a history for being able to release inside news that FT just doesn't have.

Both points are true, there is more inside information on here and a fair dollop of shite as well.
Personally I prefer Foxestalk, mainly because of the layout of the site.

I can only see the signature pictures bieng the difference, the actual layout is virtually the same.

The pages seem bigger and clearer,It's easier to navigate because there are clearly defined forums, your smilies look cheap, people can have pictures in their sigs,lots of stupid little things like that. I know it's shallow and it shouldn't matter but that's just the way I feel.

Sorry.

A few people have said that, but when I've been there I haven't noticed any major difference. What is it that people find better about FT?

The only difference is that the forums are organised slightly more logically here.

That and the ****ing horrendous eye-scraping picture sigs they have there.

That and the ****ing horrendous eye-scraping picture sigs they have there.

I did think about allowing sig pictures as an option, with the default not showing the pictures, so most people wouldn't notice any difference.
But if I did that I'd end up having to switch it on for myself to make sure people aren't using dodgy pictures, so there's no chance of it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669