Taxi for Sousa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulo Sousa or ME. Please vote.

OUT..................I said OUT

Most of you wanked yourselves stupid when Sousa came in

A few people seemed to be excited by his appointment, but it was a small minority.

I, along with a lot of people, was totally underwhelmed and thought it was another crap MM appointment.

If Sousa goes before MM, we'll probably get yet another crap MM appointment.

But will the Thais have any better idea of a replacement?

I want my club back.

I want my club back.

Therein lies the problem...papering over the cracks by changing the boss.

We are truly in a shite situation. They'll proably bring bryan robson in and i will just slit my throat and be done with it.

A few people seemed to be excited by his appointment, but it was a small minority.

I, along with a lot of people, was totally underwhelmed and thought it was another crap MM appointment.

I want my club back.

it is a real concern. What are we left with now. With MM we had something with a little history. We knew of him and he had some spin. We will have no manager and mystery owners. IOt feels like we've been robbed from 4 short months ago.

I want my club back.

Absolutely spot on.

I don't think it needed much working out from early doors that Sousa was a seriously bad appointment - but there are others involved who have bought into the inappropriate tactics for this league and the playing staff he inherited from NP, then wasting money on dud imports etc etc

Where is there anyone with any judgement at the Club?

It's difficult to assess how damaged we are now and where we go from here.

I want my club back.

I want the game of football wrestled from the hands of those who've pissed on the game. All of these over-pennied media sluts who have no connection to the clubs the buy, no common sense or care for the future.

Buying clubs for vanity and greed, cocking it up and then shifting the clubs on to people even more inept than they were.

Christ I'm sick of football at the moment.

You aren't alone. This has been growing for some time. Over the next ten years the house of cards will well and truly fall.

Unfortunately I said that 5 years ago and we seem no closer. I am waiting for the bubble to burst.

I think the feeling on this forum has quickly got more angry than even under Levein or Ollie. Which says a lot.

Hi all

I was so incensed with what I've just seen that I have to vent my fury somewhere.

Tonights game for me highlighted the following;

1. We don't have good enough players to play a continental passing game. QPR and Portsmouth tonight pressed us high up the pitch and we then concede possesion (which lead to Pompey's 4th goal). In this league you need (as we did last season) to play to your strengths.

2. Sousa seems tactically naive. Why didn't Hobbs start? Why play Oakley ahead of Wellens, the latter is more likely to put his foot on the ball and can play a pass. Why are players not supporting Howard more when the ball is played up to him?

3. We can't defend as a team. Our new system leaves us open to counter attacks. To do this effectively players have to work exceptionally hard to win the ball back which clearly isn't happening.

Logan was our best player. He cannot be blamed for any of the goals. The only other positive is that things CANNOT get worse than this, can they??

Last edited:
So. What's next? Really?

Sousa goes, then what?

It's going to be very very grim for a while here.

People say this, but surely either Alan Pardew or Alan Curbishley would be significantly better. A club of our stature would be able to easily attract people like that, at least in theory anyway. However, I do fear the Thai owners would probably be too incompetent to make a sensible appointment like that. They'd probably want someone foreign.

What made me realise I'd had enough was when I was on my way to the Burnley match earlier in the season, and realised I wasn't looking forward to it and really didn't want to be there.

So when my train arrived at Burnley I stayed on it and went to Colne instead.

Brilliant, I've done similar things myself. Says a lot doesn't it?

I don't know. I just have a general malaise towards sports of all variety at the minute. Every major sport seems to be on the edge of something awful.

The NFL is almost certainly going to be on strike/lockout in 2011. NBA, same thing.

As for football, the money spinning around the game, it all gets further and further away from the average fan.

I know most of you don't give a monkeys about the other sports...but there seems to be issues in all sports and all leagues, related to money and the working man.

It's a dark time for sports, the fix is in worldwide thanks to the money men.

Last edited:
my love for football started decreasing a couple of years back and results like this seem to accelerate things :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669