Taxis for

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really glad I've forgone a season ticket this year. It appears there are still a number of ****s amongst our fanbase.

To be fair, before you completely solidify that opinion, floppus may have a point.

Gallagher was woefully out of position for the third goal. That should never happen to a player with such vast experience of playing at right back.

and

For the first 76 minutes Bakayogo did absolutely nothing. He may as well not have been playing. It was only in the last 10 minutes that I noticed him getting a good block in on a cross.

To be fair, before you completely solidify that opinion, floppus may have a point.

Gallagher was woefully out of position for the third goal. That should never happen to a player with such vast experience of playing at right back.

and

For the first 76 minutes Bakayogo did absolutely nothing. He may as well not have been playing. It was only in the last 10 minutes that I noticed him getting a good block in on a cross.
Was there meant to be a :icon_wink there? as he was on the bench during that time

Watched it on the telly, that was a stroll in the park for them. We however were poor and our shortcomings were plain to see some are very worrying. Right Back, only De Leat, on the left Konchesky is a worry, the new guy looked scared when he came on and little wonder from Div 1 to Monaco in ten days but he has pace and got a good block in so lets wait and see. Midfield Danns looked lost, distribution was poor. What has happened to Marshall ? He's gone from brilliant to poor in a short space of time surely not just confidence. Vardy and Wood are hardly going to threaten any half decent defence I could go on, and I know it was a pre season friendly but Pearson has to come up with some answers and quick. Lets hope they are the right ones.

Highlights
3 5 2 looked strong for us, getting numbers higher up the pitch in wide positions.
Whitbread looked better on the ball in this formation.
Morgan still dominating
James and King looking strong.

Worries
No defensive pace on the turn.
Konchesky worst culprit here
Need a striker with some xfactor alongside wood.
Gallagher, schlupp, danns, waghorn have been destroyed by omission from last years squad. Cant see any making a telling contribution this year, so we need to get the situation sorted out....

we'll still be strong but the team is very much shaping up in pearsons image. Strong, stolid but with few surprises up its sleeve.

team for me currently would be

schmeichel
Drinkwater Taft Morgan Whitbread DeLaet
James King
Knockaert
Wood Nugent

moving de laet to lb where he has played extensively and drinkwater to right wing baci where he can put in some energy and composure on the ball...

season hangs on knockaert king james dominating midfield and wood firing again....

team for me currently would be

schmeichel
Drinkwater Taft Morgan Whitbread DeLaet
James King
Knockaert
Wood Nugent

moving de laet to lb where he has played extensively and drinkwater to right wing baci where he can put in some energy and composure on the ball...

Sweet baby Jesus...

We were beaten by an excellent Monaco side that have spent millions in the transfer market, plus side thought we caused them a few problems going forward in particular during the first half. Just to put some perspective Leeds lost 2-0 at home to Nuremburg and Brighton lost 3-1 at home to Villareal so certainly no need to panic.

Lessons learnt from yesterday for me was that both Whitbread and Moore look they have improved, Danns was shocking and Drinkwater slows down our play too much. James, Kingy and De Laet looked good in a 3-5-2.

My team for next week

Schmicheal

Moore
Morgan
Whitbread

De Laet
James
King
Marshall
Dyer

Knockeart
Wood

Subs
Logan
Konch
SSL
Drinky
Schlupp
Nugent
Waghorn

How good are Monaco?

Yes they've spent £100m + on some CL players Falcao etc but more than half of that squad yesterday was playing in Ligue 2 in France last year - the same division Knocky came from...
They've lost to Dusseldorf and Augsburg who should be of a similar level to Leicester...

We were beaten by an excellent Monaco side

Monaco just strolled about in a glorified training session. They've just been beaten by two very average German sides. I didn't see anything from them yesterday that any half decent Championship side couldn't replicate.

Our first half formation (5-3-2) stank the place out. Not that it's wrong in itself, just the way we do it. Conceding an awful goal from a corner is nothing to do with Monaco being superstars, it was just rank poor marking. Lots of our players looked out of sorts and our other pre-season results don't appear to dispute this fact. We have no forwards that look likely to score. We have no stability in personnel or formation in defence. St. Ledger looks miles away from fitness. NP has now played PG at right back twice. Yes twice. That suggests that it isn't a punishment to players or fans, he's actually thinking about doing it. I think he's still looking to track back into position now to cover their third goal, he was that far away from where he should have been. And what do we do with Schlupp? Do we give him a go in attack now that a left back has been recruited? Of course not!

By making no improvements in personnel on or off the pitch, we've probably completed our deterioration from aspiring team into also-rans. We look like the side from the Rob Kelly era. Stale and stupified. 40-1 on relegation looks far more appealing than 14-1 on winning the league. We can only hope that enough of our opponents are as bad as us.

Please tell me hysteria isnt setting in after one glamour friendly?

If they don't want to be judged on their performance, they should play behind closed doors. However, they chose to hype the game up for weeks and charge decent entrance fees and sold the rights for the match to Sky. In doing so, they've said something about it themselves haven't they? Especially as the starting line up looked very much as though it's almost (Nugent for Vardy aside) the one for the first game on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566