Taxis for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joke support.

I don't know what this means...

I support Leicester and have done for nearly 35 years - during that time I've wanted them to win every game they've played regardless of whether I liked the manager or the players...
But that doesn't mean they're beyond criticism and I don't see why your support should be questioned because you're not happy with a performance...
We played poorly yesterday - Monaco are a work in progress team who came into that game after losing two against fairly average opposition...I think we should have done a bit better...

Monaco are a work in progress team who came into that game after losing two against fairly average opposition

I think friendlies mean the square root of **** all.

Crawley beat Palace 3-0 and Man Utd lost 3-2 to Yokohama. Arsenal meanwhile have 100% record. Pre-season results bear very little correlation to league performances.

I don't know what this means...

I support Leicester and have done for nearly 35 years - during that time I've wanted them to win every game they've played regardless of whether I liked the manager or the players...
But that doesn't mean they're beyond criticism and I don't see why your support should be questioned because you're not happy with a performance...
We played poorly yesterday - Monaco are a work in progress team who came into that game after losing two against fairly average opposition...I think we should have done a bit better...
Has a pre season friendly result influenced our season before? Just curious? Did we beat Madrid or Barca? Does it ****ing matter?......thought not.

Has a pre season friendly result influenced our season before? Just curious? Did we beat Madrid or Barca? Does it ****ing matter?......thought not.

Does it matter?

Not sure but it doesn't fill you with much confidence when you see the following...

A back three formation which includes two players not deemed good enough to be on the bench at the end of last season...
A striker is preferred to the new left back just signed...
A hapless winger who can't/doesn't tackle is given a go at right back...

By the way I wasn't expecting us to win just to perform better...

Yeah, but this time there are 3 new sides that have just dropped down from the Prem.

And 3 went up who definitely finished above us last season.

The question was whether we'll be competitive or not. I see no evidence we won't be. Unless by competitive you mean beating (or matching) a team that just spent £50m.

Does it matter?

Not sure but it doesn't fill you with much confidence when you see the following...

A back three formation which includes two players not deemed good enough to be on the bench at the end of last season...
A striker is preferred to the new left back just signed...
A hapless winger who can't/doesn't tackle is given a go at right back...

By the way I wasn't expecting us to win just to perform better...

Have you heard of FFP? Or do you just choose to ignore it? Have you grasped the notion that we really can't sign anyone hence making the best of what we have? Have you gathered anything from the premise that pre season is to build player match fitness?

Don't talk bollocks Duzza, everyone knows you have to score a hatful of goals every pre-season game or you're absolutely ****ed beyond repair. And if your goalie scores you automatically get promoted.

Last edited:
Monaco just strolled about in a glorified training session. They've just been beaten by two very average German sides. .

So if it was a glorified training session, didn't we stroll about? Or did we decide to run? Cos surely we have a similar attitude to Monaco if it was a glorified training session.

The two German sides were playing at a higher level than Monaco and Leicester last season. In fact Augsburg still find themselves in the top tier. Monaco played Fortuna and Augsburg when the Germans were quite late into pre season and Monaco were early (Fortuna started last Monday competitively).

I watched 30 minutes, I thought it was shit just like every other pre season game I've ever watched.

Last edited:
There's some seriously ****ed up shit in this thread. We got beat by Monaco FFS, you know, the club that spend between £12M and £50M on 1 player. The side that doubtless will be playing Champions League football next year. FFS.

Have you heard of FFP? Or do you just choose to ignore it? Have you grasped the notion that we really can't sign anyone hence making the best of what we have? Have you gathered anything from the premise that pre season is to build player match fitness?

I understand all of the above but I still find some of Niges decision puzzling....
Ii dont see why Schlupp gets his match fitness playing at left back when surely he's a better option than Vardy or Waghorn?
If we don't have the quality available to play three at the back what's the point?
And as for Gallagher...

There's some seriously ****ed up shit in this thread. We got beat by Monaco FFS, you know, the club that spend between £12M and £50M on 1 player. The side that doubtless will be playing Champions League football next year. FFS.

leave Durham and don't come back.

Why am I here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673