Taxis for

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the first goal, one of the commentators remarked that City are normally good at defending set pieces. He might have even said we are known for it, I can't remember exactly. I may be out of touch but is that a thing we're known for?

After the first goal, one of the commentators remarked that City are normally good at defending set pieces. He might have even said we are known for it, I can't remember exactly. I may be out of touch but is that a thing we're known for?

He's obviously talking shite, being good at defending set pieces requires players to jump to win headers.

Yes, we are normally good at defending set pieces. And we are known for it.

You were listening to commentary from 1997 weren't you?

I remember when we had a reputation for being dangerous from set pieces, now we don't even seem to try and work one a little differently.

The set pieces at Vale were totally embarrassing, it seems Nigel doesn't seem interested in them.

Please tell me hysteria isnt setting in after one glamour friendly?

I've never lied to you in the past. Why would you want me to start now.

Yes, definitely, about 15 years ago

I told Macky he had to stop using it as a crack house.

No you didn't. What you actually said was "don't sell it to me in here, meet me in the Prediction League thread, no ****er ever goes in there."

Don't worry, I'm sure that someone will say something like 'It's Only JULY' or something. Probably.

Three nil! Three bloody nil!

[video=youtube_share;S9KXrRUZqtw]http://youtu.be/S9KXrRUZqtw[/video]

Oh we lost a home friendly against a far superior side. Are we down yet?

Joke support.

Last edited:
It is going to be a long and painful season at this rate.

I think it will be a season of three phases.

Phase 1 - August - October. Its laid out for all to see that we haven't got a set up that even the Mockery can claim is competitive tho to be fair we have added a couple of new tiers of football 'strategists'

Phase 2 - November - end January New manager is given some resources to wheel and deal and try to patch together a side that can be competitive

Phase 3 - February - end season - a brave but probably ultimately vain attempt to play catch up for a play off place.

I think it will be a season of three phases.

Phase 1 - August - October. Its laid out for all to see that we haven't got a set up that even the Mockery can claim is competitive tho to be fair we have added a couple of new tiers of football 'strategists'

Phase 2 - November - end January New manager is given some resources to wheel and deal and try to patch together a side that can be competitive

Phase 3 - February - end season - a brave but probably ultimately vain attempt to play catch up for a play off place.

oh ye of little faith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673