TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sad I've just copied that image into my favourite graphics program and copied it to each end just to make sure it was the full 360 :icon_bigg

Nice one :038:

The original on Flickr slightly overlaps, I cut it to size for the one I posted here!

A pano I took at the Cardiff game.
4600646405_be7fcb408d.jpg

My son heard some sounds coming from the long grass in the garden at 5 o'clock this afternoon. I pulled back the grass and spotted this....

GEDC0335.jpg

A robin has been back and to feeding them. Amazing. There are a few more than this pic shows. We are going to keep away from that spot and give them some space now.

good stuff Orifice, but don't show an interest in nature on here, you'll be branded a pillow biter...

good stuff Orifice, but don't show an interest in nature on here, you'll be branded a pillow biter...

Nature? No worries. We're just waiting for a few weeks and we can have them on toast.

My son heard some sounds coming from the long grass in the garden at 5 o'clock this afternoon. I pulled back the grass and spotted this....

View attachment 5758

A robin has been back and to feeding them. Amazing. There are a few more than this pic shows. We are going to keep away from that spot and give them some space now.

I would be a tad worried about cats.

I would be a tad worried about cats.

We are (thankfully) not really affected by cats where we are, more often it's squirrels that are the pests. I do have weaponry at my disposal to discourage them and the cats but not 24 hours a day unfortunately.

Nature? No worries. We're just waiting for a few weeks and we can have them on toast.
:icon_lol:

Nice photo :038:

They're just as likely to suffer predation from other birds as anything. Robins are hole nesters and they take this hole-in-the-ground approach quite frequently. The classic image is an old teapot in some long grass with a robin's nest in it. I've never quite understood ground-nesting birds but they must be successful or they wouldn't do it, I suppose.

Nice photo :038:

I wish I could get some as good as your usual offerings!

I was worried that by me disturbing the 'nest' it might stop the adult feeding them but it's still returning regularly.

MK is along the right lines with his picture!
No squirrel has been fataly harmed by me but they are sure scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710