TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could get some as good as your usual offerings!

I was worried that by me disturbing the 'nest' it might stop the adult feeding them but it's still returning regularly.

I bet your bricking it over the amount of snow you guys must be expecting.

A few from my recent travels...
Mexican-Jay-Ash-Canyon-10-0423-02.jpg
Mexican Jay

Broad-billed-Hummingbird-Patagonia-Lake-041210-02.jpg
Broad-billed Hummingbird

Pronghorn-Antelope-Las-Cienegas-10-0414-02.jpg
Pronghorn Antelope

Snowberry-Clearwing-Scheelite-Canyon-10-0415-01.jpg
Snowberry Clearwing, not a bee but a clever bee mimic - it's actually a day-flying moth, one of the hawk-moths, or sphinx moths as they're called over here. This one proves just how amazing moths can be (BF :icon_bigg)

Excellent as always.

With your bird ones, do you set the camera up on a tripod pointing at a likely place and wait, or get lucky whilst walking through the woods?

Another worthy set Des.
Professional quality.

This is for YV:

From left to right:

High Ball, Italic, Roly Poly, normal font and Shadow.
(btw the Italic is supposed to be straight but I stuck it down too fast so the first bit looks wonky!)

I reckon I know which one you'll go for!

Attachments

• DSCF9836.jpg
    DSCF9836.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
This is for YV:

From left to right:

High Ball, Italic, Roly Poly, normal font and Shadow.
(btw the Italic is supposed to be straight but I stuck it down too fast so the first bit looks wonky!)

I reckon I know which one you'll go for!

Er........... isn't 'shadow' supposed to have a, er, shadow?

Er.......... isn't a shadow supposed to be, er, a darker colour to provide a contrast?!!

:icon_roll Yes but I cut them out in white card cos it cost me nowt and only to show YV the difference between the fonts styles, I don't think she will use the shadow with the normal font anyhoo, not for what she wants and what she is using!

But it's not as fiddly as say the italic and can be used as a font by itself. Don't argue with me about my die-cutting machine, I know how it works and you don't:icon_razz:icon_razz:081:

The spawn of the devil is tea!
Having consulted the disgusting one himself, the spawn of the devil is, in fact, spawn. The old double bluff.

Excellent as always.

With your bird ones, do you set the camera up on a tripod pointing at a likely place and wait, or get lucky whilst walking through the woods?
Thanks Matt.

This lens is great! :icon_bigg The image stabilazation is really very good and most of the photos I've taken in the last year or so have been hand held. I'm not using the tripod much these days as I have my telescope on it all the time.

I have to carry the telescope and tripod round with me now as I've finally gone for it and launched myself as a professional birding and wildlife guide (actually since January). There's a big call for it over here in SE Arizona, being the amazing wildlife paradise that it is, and there are already about 15 full time guides doing the same thing.

So I don't get the opportunity to hang around getting photos these days because I'm showing punters stuff through the scope, but on the other hand, I'm out a lot more and, being a pro :icon_lol: I do know where to go, when to go, what to look for, how to look for it and all that stuff, which makes a big difference.

Beyond that, genuinely, it's dumb luck. I present myself in front of amazing wildlife almost every day, I get to click the shutter a few times and these are the results, pretty much. :)

Having consulted the disgusting one himself, the spawn of the devil is, in fact, spawn. The old double bluff.

Thanks Matt.

This lens is great! :icon_bigg The image stabilazation is really very good and most of the photos I've taken in the last year or so have been hand held. I'm not using the tripod much these days as I have my telescope on it all the time.

I have to carry the telescope and tripod round with me now as I've finally gone for it and launched myself as a professional birding and wildlife guide (actually since January). There's a big call for it over here in SE Arizona, being the amazing wildlife paradise that it is, and there are already about 15 full time guides doing the same thing.

So I don't get the opportunity to hang around getting photos these days because I'm showing punters stuff through the scope, but on the other hand, I'm out a lot more and, being a pro :icon_lol: I do know where to go, when to go, what to look for, how to look for it and all that stuff, which makes a big difference.

Beyond that, genuinely, it's dumb luck. I present myself in front of amazing wildlife almost every day, I get to click the shutter a few times and these are the results, pretty much. :)

You could have just said "I'm a lucky bastard living the dream", I'd have been less jealous. :icon_cry:

You could have just said "I'm a lucky bastard living the dream", I'd have been less jealous. :icon_cry:
:icon_bigg

Final part of the dream (if you don't include the nymphomaniac supermodel wife I'm planning to find) could be in place in a few weeks... stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710