TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You suggesting Jeff should've taken it to a nice motel or something?

I doubt the owl would've gone with him, Jeff hasn't got the wit to woo

Oh, I'm so sorry, that was ****in rubbish

Rubbish, as usual Dessie.

My owl photo is much better :icon_wink. Taken on my crap phone camera through my car windscreen.
I was so surprised to see an owl by the side of the road I just stopped my car as close as I could, but I didn't have a proper camera with me or I could have ended up with a decent photo :icon_sad:
:038: :038: :038: Lovely stuff Jeff!

Pick it up Dessie, you're getting shown up a bit
Story of my life I'm afraid.

That's a nice Asio flammeus.
I think this lot might have more chance of understanding the 'vulgar' or 'common' name, Hector. :icon_wink

It's a Short-eared Owl, a real cracker. And here's a new word for most of you (possibly not Hector) - it's not nocturnal or diurnal, it's a crepescular owl, meaning it's active mostly at dawn and dusk.

Dessie's owls look quite happy in comparison!
They were hissing at me! I think I may have upset them just a tiny weeny bit... :)

That's a nice Asio flammeus.

:
I think this lot might have more chance of understanding the 'vulgar' or 'common' name, Hector. :icon_wink

This lot? THIS LOT??

Patronising bastard!

The latin name clearly means that its arse is on fire. Doesn't show up in the picture though, so I'm sure Hector must be wrong with his ID.

What have you got to say for yourself, Hector? Eh?

Last edited:
I doubt the owl would've gone with him, Jeff hasn't got the wit to woo

Mrs Jeff was with me at the time so I would have been foolish to go off with a bird I picked up at the side of the road.

I have more photos of the owl, but it was looking the wrong way in most of them. The one I posted was the best one. I'm waiting for Dessie to rise to the challenge and upload a better one. But I suspect he'll give up and go back to stalking celebrities for the tabloids.

Mrs Jeff was with me at the time so I would have been foolish to go off with a bird I picked up at the side of the road.

I have more photos of the owl, but it was looking the wrong way in most of them. The one I posted was the best one. I'm waiting for Dessie to rise to the challenge and upload a better one. But I suspect he'll give up and go back to stalking celebrities for the tabloids.

No Jeff, i think you'll find the owl was looking the right way.

This lot? THIS LOT??

Patronising bastard!

The latin name clearly means that its arse is on fire. Doesn't show up in the picture though, so I'm sure Hector must be wrong with his ID.

What have you got to say for yourself, Hector? Eh?

Of course you are right - the flames are a diagnostic feature. I'd assumed Jeff had doused it to stop the smoke getting in his eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubbish, as usual Dessie.

My owl photo is much better :icon_wink. Taken on my crap phone camera through my car windscreen.
I was so surprised to see an owl by the side of the road I just stopped my car as close as I could, but I didn't have a proper camera with me or I could have ended up with a decent photo :icon_sad:

You really know how to frame a picture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00