Team so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

neilsen(29), mattock(17), n'gotty(36), kisnorbo(26), mcauley(27), porter(20), kishishev(32), hellings(22), hume(23), cort(29), fryatt(21), subs, henderson(31), stearman(19), wesolowski(19), sappleton(17), odhiambo(18). not that bad , in fact pretty good! what do you think, playing 4-4-2 formation, ages in brackets.

if that's the team come first game of the season. we'll be relegated.

they are still 6 or 7 short at present.

there's still a long way to go yet.

neilsen(29), mattock(17), n'gotty(36), kisnorbo(26), mcauley(27), porter(20), kishishev(32), hellings(22), hume(23), cort(29), fryatt(21), subs, henderson(31), stearman(19), wesolowski(19), sappleton(17), odhiambo(18). not that bad , in fact pretty good! what do you think, playing 4-4-2 formation, ages in brackets.

Hardly any improvement

We still need a couple of flair players and some proven quality. They don't have to be out of our range players, they could be lads from the lower league.

if that's the team come first game of the season. we'll be relegated.

they are still 6 or 7 short at present.

there's still a long way to go yet.

We would definitely struggle.

We need 4/5 quality players! In the Toderov, Hendrie, Saga mould. With 2 or 3 other squad players minimum IMO.

Weso's 20 isn't he?

If that team was fit 100% of the time, we'd be lower mid-table at best. However as it wouldn't be, I'd be seriously worried about our chances.

As has been said, we need at least 4 or 5 more quality players.

Neilson
Stearman (or new)
McAuley ( Kisnorbo after suspension)
Bruno
New (or Mattock)
New-right mid
Kish
New- centre mid
Hellings
New (orHume)- goalscorer
Cort
Minimum 3 new players this week before pre season training.

Last edited:
Defensively better but still a massive problem with the midfield and no punch up front. Our problem last season (one of them) was that we were the lowest scoring team in the championship at home.

We need a cutting edge up front. At the moment we are a bit like a broken pencil...pointless.

You must be on Milans payroll if you think that's good. We are supposed to be getting a stronger squad numerically than last season. For that to happen add the departures up:

Gone - Tiatto, Johnson, McCarthy, Cadamateri,Johannson (5)
Loans Gone Back - Jarrett, Newton, Yeates, Horsefield (4)
For Sale - Douglas, Hughes, Kenton, DeVries, Hammond, Maybury (6)

So with 15 gone & 6 signed we are currently 9 players down, to build a bigger squad we need around another 12

We all know that won't happen, one of many broken promises

You must be on Milans payroll if you think that's good. We are supposed to be getting a stronger squad numerically than last season. For that to happen add the departures up:

So with 15 gone & 6 signed we are currently 9 players down, to build a bigger squad we need around another 12

Have to agree with you, with a reserve team to field as well we're gonna need a lot more players just to make up the numbers. It's hard to imagine getting another dozen players at all, never mind quality one's!

Completely agree about the squad size, unfortunately the hole that was dug for us under the old regime is going to be very dificult for us to dig ourselves out of, I personaly think that this season we have not much hope of signing anyone with real quality old or young, and thats why MA was chosen as manager because of his motivational skills and enthusiasm which will hopefully drag us up the table into the top 10 and give us something to build on for the season after.
Also i dont believe that the transfer listed players will be replaced until they have been sold so we are possibly only 3 players down compared to the end of last season.

Don't forget that eight of last year's academy team have been offered professional contracts. So, assuming they all sign, we'll only be looking at another three or four, which is what we probably expected.

We need at least 5 or 6 more players, at this moment we look very weak and i must admit im quite surprised by the lack of quality brought in so far, but who would want to come to city anyways! The side looks as poor as it was last season, we will definately struggle if the players brought in are of a similar calibre to that of those who have come in so far.

i can see the youth players playing a bigger role this year as reward for their success.
having said this we still need 6 to 7 players for the first team squad if all of the listed players are indeed to move on.
As previously said 3 or 4 of those need to be before pre season starts.
You can't build a team in 3 weeks, so they need to be in at the start of pre season.

i can see the youth players playing a bigger role this year as reward for their success.
having said this we still need 6 to 7 players for the first team squad if all of the listed players are indeed to move on.
As previously said 3 or 4 of those need to be before pre season starts.
You can't build a team in 3 weeks, so they need to be in at the start of pre season.

In otherwords, in the next 2 1/2 weeks he needs to build a new team?

youth team will DEFINATELY have a huge part to play as has beren said, i think there might be one or two in by pre season at most, possibly drag one in just as window closes, but as long as there is some enthusiasm then can't really do much worse than last season.

We need at least 5 or 6 more players, at this moment we look very weak and i must admit im quite surprised by the lack of quality brought in so far, but who would want to come to city anyways! The side looks as poor as it was last season, we will definately struggle if the players brought in are of a similar calibre to that of those who have come in so far.

:038::038::038::038:

I have to disagree, I think that with the players brought in and the remainder from last season we should get mid table at least if the manager can get them firing on all cylinders

Apart from Carl Cort (if fit for most the season) and Hellings as i dont know anything about him, the rest for me are no more than squad players. i dont see any improvement tbh. It's early days yet anyway, i still think the big signings are to come!

Apart from Carl Cort (if fit for most the season) and Hellings as i dont know anything about him, the rest for me are no more than squad players. i dont see any improvement tbh. It's early days yet anyway, i still think the big signings are to come!

So if they have the same skill level as the players they replaced, but aren't jaded by Leicester and are prepared to give 110% every week, then this is no improvement to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566