Team Vs Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

A little early but it is an important game.

Hughes is apparently starting
and paddy is back from suspension

I would pick

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Smith

Hammond
Gudjonsson
Hughes
Smith

Hume
Hammond

However I think CL will stick with sylla on the right and maybe bring de vries in against a physical side.

Millwall have just appointed David Tuttle, 33 as manager. This will be his first game. Thye are bottom of the table, 8 points below us.

This should be an comfortable win. But how many times have we said that this season :102:

joe501 said:
A little early but it is an important game.

Hughes is apparently starting
and paddy is back from suspension

I would pick

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Smith

Hammond
Gudjonsson
Hughes
Smith

Hume
Hammond

However I think CL will stick with sylla on the right and maybe bring de vries in against a physical side.

Millwall have just appointed David Tuttle, 33 as manager. This will be his first game. Thye are bottom of the table, 8 points below us.

This should be an comfortable win. But how many times have we said that this season :102:

Smith twice. :icon_eek: :icon_bigg :icon_razz :icon_wink

Steven said:
Smith twice. :icon_eek: :icon_bigg :icon_razz :icon_wink

I'd have him in there 11 times if I could!

Well..maybe not 11... 3 at least though..

If Hughes comes in, I think it will be on the right.

I'd expect the team to be the same as it has been, just with Nissa coming in at LB, Paddy back in for Stearman, and if Hughes is in, then probably for Sylla.

So:

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Johansson

Sylla/Hughes
Joey
Kisnorbo
Smith

Hammond
Hume

I'd prefer to play Hughes instead of Kisnorbo, but I think the above is most likely. Could be Stearman in at left back instead of Nisse if he's still "ill"

My team would be

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Johansson

Sylla or Hughes
Stearman
Gudjonsson
Smith

Hume
Hammond

DurhamFox said:
An untried, relatively inexperienced central defender for Kisnorbo???

Yep we are 19th , and so far whatever permatation Levein has used has failed to produce a side capable of consistency. Also Stearman is very similar to Kisnorbo in physical presence but I believe he is stronger in the air, in the tackle and is very comfortable in possession, I think he would make an excellent defensive midfielder and TBH I dont believe Kisnorbo has done anything to justify being an automatic choice, we need to start getting results, 1 win in 8, 3 wins in 16, 5 wins in 23 certainly doesnt suggest that the balance of the side is right. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, time to be brave Craigy Boy !

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Johansson

Hammond
Gudjonsson
Hughes
Smith

Hume
De Vries

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Tiatto, Sylla, Dublin

Would like to see this side, has a strong presence at the back and Sylla would be out! I would like to see MDV back in the fold, so dropping Hammond to the right would slot MDV in perfectly.

A 3-0 victory is on the cards....;)

Last edited:
I see most are dropping Kisnorbo. I cant see Mr CL agreeing with that TBH.

fcukcov said:
I see most are dropping Kisnorbo. I cant see Mr CL agreeing with that TBH.

Don't rate him tbh, haven't seen a lot of him though so maybe I am being a bit harsh...

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Don't rate him tbh, haven't seen a lot of him though so maybe I am being a bit harsh...
I think, like a couple of others around here, that he does a fairly quiet job and therefore many see him as not doing much. Bit like Makele for Chelsea (no Im not saying he is even near the same class). I mean in the way that he just goes about he business of mopping stuff up. I get the impression that CL has his midfield and front line pretty much set and will generally play about with the back four, but I may well be wrong.

Whoops, maybe i did overindulge :icon_bigg :icon_redf :biggrin:
here is my.. ahem revised team :icon_razz

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Stearman

Hammond
Gudjonsson
Hughes
Smith

Hume
De Vries

joe501 said:
Whoops, maybe i did overindulge :icon_bigg :icon_redf :biggrin:
here is my.. ahem revised team :icon_razz

Douglas

Maybury
Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Stearman

Hammond
Gudjonsson
Hughes
Smith

Hume
De Vries

Agree with that side, but would prefer Nils over Stearman.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Agree with that side, but would prefer Nils over Stearman.

the reason I chose stearman over nissa is because stearman looks more comfortable in that posityion that johansson does. My first choice would still be sheehan, is he suspended for this game?

webmaster said:
Do you really believe what you read on Teamtalk?

All they've done is their usual trick, to take a quote from the official site and interpret it in their own unique (usually wrong) way.

Surely it would be a massive gamble to risk Hughes, bearing in mind the injury problems he has suffered this season, lets ease him back in, half an hour max on satdi and then build up to a full return in 2 to 3 weeks, we can ill afford to rush him back and him suffer yet another setback.

same line up as Crewe except Nissa for Sheehan, Paddy for Stearman.
Hughes will be a sub at some stage as part of the easing him back to first team action process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669