Tesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbins

Now I'm all for saving the environment etc and more often than not do actually take my own bags when I go shopping, but has anyone else noticed that if you happen to need a carrier bag at Tesco - the staff seem to have been instructed to treat you with utter contempt as they chuck the (normally broken) wafer thin bag at you?!

This seems to be the case at every Tesco store I have been to recently.:102:

I appreciate this is a very random thread but needed to get this off my chest!

Now I'm all for saving the environment etc and more often than not do actually take my own bags when I go shopping, but has anyone else noticed that if you happen to need a carrier bag at Tesco - the staff seem to have been instructed to treat you with utter contempt as they chuck the (normally broken) wafer thin bag at you?!

This is correct, it is riduculous

not just tesco's.
They all look at you as though you molested their children when you ask for a bag.

You're not doing your bit for the environment and by definition you are a Nazi. :)

:icon_roll Yep - As i mentioned though, I do normally - but sometimes if you nip in - unplanned - you may not have a bag.

May i suggest you plan not to go in there unplanned any more, problem solved! :icon_wink

What I don't understand is that whilst they encourage you to use your own bags, if you go through the self-scanning tills, as soon as you put your bags on, the machine throws a wobbly, and you have to wait for a member of staff to come and sort the fecker out.

At least Asda asks you if you have bought your own bags, and allows you to zero the scales before scanning your purchases.

Supermarkets need to look at their own packaging as well ... I don't need my vegetables or fruit shrinkwrapped. Why not use paper bags that are biodegradeable?

they're ok with me in Surrey Quays Tesco

Marks & Sparks charge for them

Supermarkets need to look at their own packaging as well ... I don't need my vegetables or fruit shrinkwrapped. Why not use paper bags that are biodegradeable?
Very good point, it's the double packaged stuff that irritates me, where it's in a plastic container and then has a card box/wrap around it as well. Totally unnecessary.

Some of the local shops charging round here if you want a bag and most of them say it goes to a certain charity so NOT bumping up their profits, If I can manage without I just say no thanks OR have my own available, Morrisons have some great "lifetime" bags for sale and handy for storing stuff in at home as well

Shopping bags huh?
Gets my vote for thread of the year, without a doubt

Line of goods on the conveyor belt including lots of 'frozens'. Till girl (or boy) scans them all through and then you ask for bags. On being told there is a charge make statement like "I've just spent £40, I'll be fecked if I'm buying a bag". Leave store with wallet intact and frozens thawing out on the belt.

They'll soon get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570