Thailand v Leicester City 0 - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back to Singapore.

Yesterday was I can only describe as surreal.

I thought we played well although we should really have gone on to score more. I guess conditions weren't great as it was very warm and slippery. I thought they would put up more of a challange as Thailand are the top team in South East Asia. Some of their players were skillful but lacked real physical presence.

A handful of Leicester fans in my part of the ground, the locals were friendly and all wanted to talk about Leicester.

I saw the lads come out and sign autographs. Chris Weale and Powell were really friendly. Weale came over to me and my group of friends and chatted for about 5 mins. He can't speak highly enough of Sven and says the atmosphere at the club has completely changed. Had a quick chat with Berner and Morrison. In all truth felt a bit star struck as I've never been up close with Leicester players when they have been chatty and friendly before. Shook Sven's hand and embarrisingly blurted something like "Are you going to turn us around then Sven?" To which he smiled and and said "I will certainly being doing my best"

I have loads of pictures happy to share them any suggestions on the best way?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 216
The ground reminds me a bit of Don Valley. Wondered why some parts of the open section are nearly empty and others are packed.It doesn't
surprise me about Weale as I seem to remember Stringer saying that he is such a nice guy. Hopefully he is now fully fit and will be back in the 1st team

As to your photo's, you could either make a thread of it's own or put it in the TBers photos thread

Last edited:
A few more pics.

Attachments

• Thai fans.JPG
    Thai fans.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 213
  • Sven.JPG
    Sven.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Matt Oakley.JPG
    Matt Oakley.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Chris Weale.JPG
    Chris Weale.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Thai fans 2.JPG
    Thai fans 2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 216
The ground reminds me a bit of Don Valley. Wondered why some parts of the open section are nearly empty and others are packed.

The section of fans where it was packed were military or something.These guys didn't stop singing the whole way through. It was choreographed but quite an impressive effort nontheless.

Hard to say how many were there. Tickets were 200 Baht (about £4) in my section so I expected more fans to be there than there were. Also the picture I posted was during the heavy rain at the beginning of the match. When it stopped more people came into the ground.

Cheers, sounds stupid, surely not allowing him to play in a friendly is a bit pointless.

Not really, Sven will be looking at who to select for his first league game. Seeing as Fryatt is not available for 3 matches it would be pretty pointless to play him when he can't figure in Sven's plans up front.

Not really, Sven will be looking at who to select for his first league game. Seeing as Fryatt is not available for 3 matches it would be pretty pointless to play him when he can't figure in Sven's plans up front.

I'm sure if he was allowed to, Sven would have played Fryatt for at least some of the game, but he was ineligable.

When do you get back, and which route did you take? If you say via South Africa and Denmark then I would have guessed right :icon_lol:
Currently on a train in Suriname, got to change four times before I get to Caracas. From there it's just six flights back home: JFK, Tulsa, LA, Canberra, Bangkok (bizarrely), Heathrow. Then I've got a coach into London followed by a series of buses. I'll have crossed the date line twice before I get home at 2:10pm next Saturday, just in time for Hull.

Or: I didn't go :icon_lol:

Currently on a train in Suriname, got to change four times before I get to Caracas. From there it's just six flights back home: JFK, Tulsa, LA, Canberra, Bangkok (bizarrely), Heathrow. Then I've got a coach into London followed by a series of buses. I'll have crossed the date line twice before I get home at 2:10pm next Saturday, just in time for Hull.

Or: I didn't go :icon_lol:

Yeah, right... I know which one I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669