Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of him. Article says the team he plays for just avoided relegation. Sound familiar? Methinks an agent has something to do with this story.

Were ****ed in the short term if we don't improve our midfield. The names linked are hardly inspiring, although most probably absolute lies anyway.

with the amount of time it normally takes us to get a signing "across the line" ie after fee agreed, it may not be possible to bring in a new midfielder

im hoping that CR is abiding to the clubs policy of keeping signings "under wraps" until the contract is signed (especially if its a big name player wanted by other clubs, its a certainty that with Cambo gone and James unavailable that new central midfielders will be arriving, any other positions will be the manager spoting a flaw with thee "current team"

Gonna be woefully undercooked by August 8th....

Flap, flap, panic, panic!

Last season we started with exactly the same midfielders (King, Drinkwater and Hammond with James injured). We recruited one more (Cambiasso) on 28th August and he didn't start a match until 21st Sept. We did well enough against the likes of Arsenal and Stoke starting with King and Hammond. Last season, James didn't start a match until the 18th Oct due to injury.

This season, I've no doubt that we'll add a couple more midfielders before the end of August. In all probability, at least one will be in before the 8th August. CR will be working with Steve Walsh and the rest of the recruitment team to sort it out and I'd really rather they take their time and get the best possible options in. We've got five weeks until the transfer deadline. We only discovered ECs decision six days ago.

Chill out man, for gawds sake. Everybody knows we need at least three additions and I guarantee you that they will be made.

I agree completely with BN.

One of the reasons I like the appointment of Ranieri is that he is likely to be more considered with his signings than some. And I think anyone who was concerned he would be another Sven would be pleased to see this

I agree completely with BN.

One of the reasons I like the appointment of Ranieri is that he is likely to be more considered with his signings than some. And I think anyone who was concerned he would be another Sven would be pleased to see this

I'll form my impressions of CR's ability to attract decent signings after he's made some - but I still feel that you need to bed them pre-season.

Ultimately, until the season has started and players signed, CR is going to continue to divide opinion like a Dad introducing his new girlfriend to the children while their mother drinks gin and tears up his clothes.

I hope we get a decent CB in soon.

Upson is gone I think?

I think we all hope Liam Moore steps up but on last year's evidence the jury is still out.

Wes only just finished playing competitive football yesterday and will struggle without a break.

All looking horribly light especially if we carry on with 3 CBs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

His contract expired and we didn't offer him a new one.
Makes sense. Championship at best for him now.

Reading the match report from the Mansfield game, Fuchs made up the 3 with Was and Huth in the 2nd half (more of a first XI than the first half) and Chilwell did well in the first.

Fuchs wasted at CB imo. His power and dynamic runs will be effective more on the left.

Makes sense. Championship at best for him now.

Reading the match report from the Mansfield game, Fuchs made up the 3 with Was and Huth in the 2nd half (more of a first XI than the first half) and Chilwell did well in the first.

Fuchs wasted at CB imo. His power and dynamic runs will be effective more on the left.

Fuchs said in the post match that he's quite used to playing as the left side of a 3 and that's what he thinks CL wants to play going forwards.

im surprised at the lack of trasfer news leakage, because as the majority of our "targets" seem to be from abroad then if they have travelled to the uk surely the media from thier current country would have picked that fact up

im surprised at the lack of trasfer news leakage, because as the majority of our "targets" seem to be from abroad then if they have travelled to the uk surely the media from thier current country would have picked that fact up

They won't be travelling to the uk until a deal is virtually certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669