Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love him to stay and would be gutted if he moved on . Either way he is already a ledge

I would imagine that Leicester want him more than other clubs do. Aside from the boost it would give the fans it would be good for team morale for him to stay. Of course that ignores the rather important fact that IMO he is the best player we have had this century.
I would like to see the club offer him a contract that would include him eventually joining the staff as happened with Kevin Phillips. Last season Phillips role was conveying messages from Steve Walsh Sr to Nigel: once Walsh had come down to the dugout to show him how to turn the machine on. Esteban on the other hand has come off the field when substituted and pointed things out to Nigel in a way I have never seen any other player do.
I am glad we have signed Christian Fuchs. I will be pleased if we sign Robert Huth. But the player I really want to see next season is Esteban.

Best player this century isn't a major claim. He hasn't had much competition. I'd say he's the best player we've had since Lennon and Heskey were at their best.

There is no way he'll move onto our coaching staff. In my opinion, he will move directly into a good management job either this summer or next. And he will be outstanding at it.

Best player this century isn't a major claim. He hasn't had much competition. I'd say he's the best player we've had since Lennon and Heskey were at their best.

There is no way he'll move onto our coaching staff. In my opinion, he will move directly into a good management job either this summer or next. And he will be outstanding at it.

So, not content with thinking Tony Putrid is a better manager than Peestain, you also think Lennon and Heskey are as good as Esteban Cambiasso. I despair of our fans sometimes...

So, not content with thinking Tony Putrid is a better manager than Peestain, you also think Lennon and Heskey are as good as Esteban Cambiasso. I despair of our fans sometimes...

That probably comes across a lot worse than it's meant to. I stand by the Putrid bit though. And the bit about Heskey and Lennon. And the bit about our fans.

That probably comes across a lot worse than it's meant to. I stand by the Putrid bit though. And the bit about Heskey and Lennon. And the bit about our fans.

so, all of it then :icon_lol:

Reactions: rjk

Cambiasso is IMO the first true Leicester legend of this century. I enjoyed watching Brian Deane and Lloyd Dyer but you should not become a Leicester legend playing against Second Division players.

Lennon and Heskey did not play for Leicester this century. They were very good by Leicester standards. However, Lennon was not a Lampard or a Gerrard and Heskey was not a Lofthouse or a Shearer.

Over the years Leicester have had some very good midfield players from Sammels and the Birch to Lennon and Muzzy. However. the really great Leicester players I have seen - Shilton, Weller, Wortho, Lineker - have not been midfielders. I leave out Davie Gibson since the player I saw was at the end of his career.

I would like to see the club offer him a contract that would include him eventually joining the staff as happened with Kevin Phillips.

Do you really think Cambi is the type of person to ever play third fiddle? There's more chance of Messi signing up to sort out our hanging baskets and organise the preseason disposable BBQ raffle.

Over the years Leicester have had some very good midfield players from Sammels and the Birch to Lennon and Muzzy. However. the really great Leicester players I have seen - Shilton, Weller, Wortho, Lineker - have not been midfielders. I leave out Davie Gibson since the player I saw was at the end of his career.

There was a chap called McAllister who was not too bad, despite the best efforts of David Pleat to bamboozle every player with ever more bizarre tactics.

I saw Davie Gibson at the top of his game, he was good, but not so good as Archie Gemmell who kept him out of the Scotland team. Plus I don't think you can compare him to Cambiasso, the game has changed since Gibsons playing days, back then he was an 'inside forward' he didn't dictate play his job was to run the inside channels picking up passes or loose balls around the area and use his considerable ball skills to get goals, definatley not a Cambiasso but a very good player in his era.

I saw Davie Gibson at the top of his game, he was good, but not so good as Archie Gemmell who kept him out of the Scotland team. Plus I don't think you can compare him to Cambiasso, the game has changed since Gibsons playing days, back then he was an 'inside forward' he didn't dictate play his job was to run the inside channels picking up passes or loose balls around the area and use his considerable ball skills to get goals, definatley not a Cambiasso but a very good player in his era.

Probably another Trentsider, Jim Baxter rather than Archie Gemmill (a bit later?) keeping Gibbo out, and I'd compare him more with Gary Parker, FWIW I'd rate the McLintock/Cross/Gibson slightly above Izzet/Lennon/Parker and way better than the '70s show ponies 90% of the time. I'll wait for the euphoria to fade a bit before mapping Cambi and the crew onto that list.

I'm sure Jim Baxter came before Archie Gemmell I don't think they ever played together in a Scotland team, but I could be wrong. Baxter a one foot wonder, but what a foot it was he could make players look foolish with his trickery his passing was sublime and he had a good shot as well, all done with his left foot he used his right to stand on and nothing else. Gemmell scored a wonder goal for Scotland when they played in the World Cup in Argentina he beat four or five players before scoring, I'm sure it was against Holland. He and and Gibson where very similar players and I was always gutted when Gibson didn't get in the Scotland team, he certainly deserved more Caps than he got, but I suppose that's the Managers job, still think he was wrong mind you!

Cambiasso is IMO the first true Leicester legend of this century. I enjoyed watching Brian Deane and Lloyd Dyer but you should not become a Leicester legend playing against Second Division players.

Lennon and Heskey did not play for Leicester this century. They were very good by Leicester standards. However, Lennon was not a Lampard or a Gerrard and Heskey was not a Lofthouse or a Shearer.

I go back further and add Banks, Derek Dougan and Alan 'Sniffer' Clark ...

I'm hearing the Sako deal is complete. Via another Wolves player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566