Thank you Leicester Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
..... for selling tickets for todays game at a massive reduced rate. It enabled tosspots to buy tickets who wouldn't usually buy a ticket because that would reduce the amount of money they have to spend on cheap wine and and strong economy supermarket beers.

If you have to sell to these inbreds, please shove them in the corner of the stadium not in the seats directly in front of me!!!!! Alternatively tell the ***** to stop standing up every two minutes with their arms apart like they have just told a fishing tale of the one that got away, and no hoodies over baseball caps!!!!!!! *****!

There was someone in front of me who seemed to have taken up the offer as well, and he referred to Kermorgant as "Kermit". I am unsure if this is widely used, or mainly on the forums (especially this one)??

I could be wrong, but I think he was given that nickname long before he came to us.

..... for selling tickets for todays game at a massive reduced rate. It enabled tosspots to buy tickets who wouldn't usually buy a ticket because that would reduce the amount of money they have to spend on cheap wine and and strong economy supermarket beers.

If you have to sell to these inbreds, please shove them in the corner of the stadium not in the seats directly in front of me!!!!! Alternatively tell the ***** to stop standing up every two minutes with their arms apart like they have just told a fishing tale of the one that got away, and no hoodies over baseball caps!!!!!!! *****!

I was told by an American that they refer to a baseball cap worn backwards as an IQ reducer. I told him that our IQ reducer was a hood.

Were you able to tell whether the baseball cap under the hood was worn backwards?If so this would be a double whammy of IQ Reducers.

I was told by an American that they refer to a baseball cap worn backwards as an IQ reducer. I told him that our IQ reducer was a hood.

I'm a little confused by the English obsession with hooded tops, why all the sneering?
Do you genuinely believe that if somebody is wearing a hooded top then they are automagically somehow sub-human?

No other nation in the world holds this opinion, is it a 'class' thing?

There are times and places to wear a hood (there are very few times to wear a baseball cap in the UK, esp backwards).

I'm a little confused by the English obsession with hooded tops, why all the sneering?
Do you genuinely believe that if somebody is wearing a hooded top then they are automagically somehow sub-human?

That is absolutely not my belief. Nobody with an understanding of History would dismiss anyone as being sub-human. That is a belief that has had dark undercurrents.

I do feel that I touched a nerve. Next time I go into a shopping centre and see some menacing looking youths with their faces hidden from CCTV cameras I will go up to them and say "Excuse me. But by any chance are one of you Macky from Talking Balls".

That is absolutely not my belief. Nobody with an understanding of History would dismiss anyone as being sub-human. That is a belief that has had dark undercurrents.

But you do think that they have a reduced IQ?

I do feel that I touched a nerve.

Not at all. I just find the English view that anybody wearing a hooded top is 'menacing' or has a lower than normal IQ very peculiar, bizarre in fact.

Next time I go into a shopping centre and see some menacing looking youths with their faces hidden from CCTV cameras I will go up to them and say "Excuse me. But by any chance are one of you Macky from Talking Balls".

I don't fancy your chances of success very much David, it's been many years since I was described as a 'youth' :icon_bigg

I had a trio of daft women behind me who pretty did my head in.

'why's he passed it there, nobody's there'. It's a through ball love where someone knocks it into space and another runs on it.

Last edited:

There is nothing wrong with hooded tops... although someone who has the hood up whilst indoors, on a bus etc for no apparent reason, is generally a tool best avoided.

Well I got mine for £6 so I can say thanks to the Mercury:038::038:
Even got in K block where my son has his season ticket. In there was the usual ones I've seen before although there were a few young lads who'd had a few:beer::beer: and were a bit worst for it Probably too young for it and having tried to finish his drink one of them kicked the nearly finished glass down the stairs and it nearly went over the balconey which would have showered those below

I've seen before although there were a few young lads who'd had a few:beer::beer: and were a bit worst for it Probably too young for it and having tried to finish his drink one of them kicked the nearly finished glass down the stairs and it nearly went over the balconey which would have showered those below

Brings to mind the reason of why the club were refused a drinks license back in 1900.

Why is it the six pound scratters feel the need to get up and walk by you every five seconds without even saying excuse me or thanks, and why do they do it just as city are on the attack ? The same bloke and his kid got up eight feckin times and that was in the first half. I was up and down like MK's ass in a brothel.

:038::038::038::038::038:

Hooded tops (often, but not always, dark-coloured ones) are a popular garment among a certain variety of what we call 'twats'; a variety with nothing better to do than drink White Ace straight out of the bottle in the street and collect ASBOs as if they were football stickers. When the garments are worn by said 'twats', the hoods are invariably worn up regardless of weather and location, quite often to conceal facial features so that nobody can identify them when they throw objects at passers-by in an apparent dare to their victim to challenge their behaviour, or attack a young woman in order to procure the meagre contents of her purse.

Ergo it naturally follows that wearing such an item of clothing attracts a great deal of contempt from most people.

In one sentence: if you dress like an odious ****, people will believe you are one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669