Thank you Leicester Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time DG. Not had anything as yet though...

I really, really hate this. And people who leave early and get in my way while doing so. 'Can't possibly watch the last ten minutes, chaps, got to be home for quarter past five you see.' Wankers.

Idiots come in all shapes, sizes and sexes.

If you wear the scumbag uniform, people think you're a scumbag. It's not that hard is it?

Are you 14? Do you hang around in large, intentionally threatening groups?

I think you've just got a personal issue. I wear hooded tops quite often and nobody has ever had an issue with it. I'm confused how having a hood attached to your sweatshirt can make you a scumbag.

If you wear the scumbag uniform, people think you're a scumbag. It's not that hard is it?

No, it's not difficult at all. I'm just trying to get my head around the 'scumbag uniform' bit. I'm finding it hard to believe that it's a reality, it smacks of a Daily Mail invention.

Are you 14?

Stone, yeah

Do you hang around in large, intentionally threatening groups?

Myself and the boys do be kicking it on the corner sometimes, what of it? :icon_bigg

I think you've just got a personal issue.

I have several, but this isn't one of them. I appreciate your incisive and obviously professional comments however. :icon_bigg

I wear hooded tops quite often and nobody has ever had an issue with it.

That's because you've never used it to conceal your face as you attacked someone in the street. And possibly because you don't look fourteen.

I'm confused how having a hood attached to your sweatshirt can make you a scumbag.

It doesn't, you're putting the cart before the horse. Nobody's saying hooded tops make people scumbags, I'm saying scumbags often wear hooded tops.

I have several, but this isn't one of them. I appreciate your incisive and obviously professional comments however. :icon_bigg

That's because you've never used it to conceal your face as you attacked someone in the street. And possibly because you don't look fourteen.

It doesn't, you're putting the cart before the horse. Nobody's saying hooded tops make people scumbags, I'm saying scumbags often wear hooded tops.

Quite a few scumbags wear jeans and trainers does this make these items part of the scumbag uniform too?

No, it's not difficult at all. I'm just trying to get my head around the 'scumbag uniform' bit. I'm finding it hard to believe that it's a reality, it smacks of a Daily Mail invention.

Sounds like one doesn't it? Alas, it's not.

Stone, yeah

Don't show off...

Myself and the boys do be kicking it on the corner sometimes, what of it? :icon_bigg

Ska boys? :icon_bigg

This blanket view used to be applied to football fans during the times when trouble was common inside and outside the grounds. If you went to football you were a trouble maker was the view. Very annoying when you actually were nothing of the sort and before some of you come on and say you had no trouble from the police etc. my own personal experience, especially travelling away with Grimsby when the away support was small, was exactly that. It was a view we played up to at times when we were really pissed off by our treatment.

I'm not comfortable with a similar view towards people who wear hoodies, especially as my daughter wears them a lot.

I'm not comfortable with a similar view towards people who wear hoodies, especially as my daughter wears them a lot.

:icon_lol: No hooded top can change my opinion of her, mate.

To be honest, it wasn't all that serious. I'm amazed a real discussion has come of it.

Wearing a hooded top isn't a problem. Wearing it in a certain manner is.

The stereotype derives from the 'fact' that 90% of scumbags wear a hooded top, usually over their heads, occasionally with a baseball cap underneath.

These people that i refer to as scumbags are the idiotic thugs who enjoy confrontation and intimidation. Scum of the earth, to put it another way.

I didn't get my opinion from the papers, i got it from years of living on council estates.

The stereotype derives from the 'fact' that 90% of scumbags wear a hooded top, usually over their heads, occasionally with a baseball cap underneath.

These people that i refer to as scumbags are the idiotic thugs who enjoy confrontation and intimidation. Scum of the earth, to put it another way.

I didn't get my opinion from the papers, i got it from years of living on council estates.

years ? you are only feckin 20 :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm most thankful to the Leicester Mercury for their efforts in getting cheap tickets to the masses. Sitting, as I do, in the middle of a block I had zero people wanting to get past me for a drink/pie/pee - and if anybody had tried, I would have summarily pointed them back the way they came with the advice that it would be quicker that way.

But back to the Mercury offer - I want to sincerely thank the person responsible for issuing the ticket for seat JJ132 (in the Kop) to somebody who must surely have been Bernie's brother - he certainly dressed like him. The presence of this chap instantly cheered up everybody around as we debated what the foul smelling sausage-like substance was that he had in the cob which barely peeked out of a grubby paper bag as he ate it. We were further entertained by him pouring a cup of hot coffee straight down his front not once, but twice - yes, once as the post horn gallop sounded before the game and then again after home time. I would willingly pay another fiver on my season ticket to see this kind of thing every game.

I'm most thankful to the Leicester Mercury for their efforts in getting cheap tickets to the masses. Sitting, as I do, in the middle of a block I had zero people wanting to get past me for a drink/pie/pee - and if anybody had tried, I would have summarily pointed them back the way they came with the advice that it would be quicker that way.

But back to the Mercury offer - I want to sincerely thank the person responsible for issuing the ticket for seat JJ132 (in the Kop) to somebody who must surely have been Bernie's brother - he certainly dressed like him. The presence of this chap instantly cheered up everybody around as we debated what the foul smelling sausage-like substance was that he had in the cob which barely peeked out of a grubby paper bag as he ate it. We were further entertained by him pouring a cup of hot coffee straight down his front not once, but twice - yes, once as the post horn gallop sounded before the game and then again after home time. I would willingly pay another fiver on my season ticket to see this kind of thing every game.

I imagine the look on your face was similar to when we met that senile old dear in Shrewsbury :icon_lol:

I imagine the look on your face was similar to when we met that senile old dear in Shrewsbury :icon_lol:

Not exactly. This time I was able to have a bit of a laugh because I was not in his line of sight.

I saw an apprentice bernie on saturday dirty old brown top hadnt been washed for twenty years shouting at himself. I also saw the real thing (not the band) in the counting house fightening an old plymouth couple to death as he trapped them in a corner :icon_lol:

Fascinating thread this.Shows how much the game has changed.Elitism & class divisions inside a football ground.Poor people who can't afford the better part of 400 quid for a season ticket or 25 for a match ticket being allowed into the hallowed halls? Disgraceful.I mean come on,since when have the working classes had anything to do with football?

Tut tut.

Makes me long for the days when all of us would have been assumed to be mindless drunken thugs just for going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669