Thank you Leicester Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brings to mind the reason of why the club were refused a drinks license back in 1900.

Blimey I didnt know the Victorians were that bad:icon_bigg

Anyway thanks to the Mercury offer the attendance was the top attendance in the Championship :038::038:and the 6th highest:038: in the country this weekend. The top 5 attendances being at Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Sunderland. All these 5 clubs are in the top 8 of the Premiership!!!

Last edited:
Blimey I didnt know the Victorians were that bad:icon_bigg

Anyway thanks to the Mercury offer the attendance was the top attendance in the Championship :038::038:and the 6th highest:038: in the country this weekend. The top 5 attendances being at Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Sunderland. All these 5 clubs are in the top 8 of the Premiership!!!

Yeah, that's what we need, thousands of fans turning up for one game, then not coming again until the next super-duper offer lets them in for far less than any season ticket holder has paid.

They've got to learn somehow.
Would you prefer it if the club didn't try to attract new supporters?

It was quite clear how they spoke about the players they knew about the club.

It's one of those selfish things.....I'd rather not be surrounded by nobheads in an average crowd than big crowd and surrounded. There's only one way they'd stick by anyways - success.

Covscum also ran a promotion for their match with Palace, letting fans buy tickets with Tesco vouchers (1 ticket for £6.50 worth of vouchers) they managed 18,000:icon_roll

Why is it the six pound scratters feel the need to get up and walk by you every five seconds without even saying excuse me or thanks, and why do they do it just as city are on the attack ? The same bloke and his kid got up eight feckin times and that was in the first half. I was up and down like MK's ass in a brothel.

Glad I wasn't the only one surrounded by "six pound scatters". What baffled me was the time they stood up because they loved Leicester......

WELL IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER THAT MUCH GET A ****ING SEASON TICKET, OR ARE YOU WAITING UNTIL THE MERCURY DO A PROMOTION ON THEM TOO............ YOU *****!

:038::038::038::038::038:

Hooded tops (often, but not always, dark-coloured ones) are a popular garment among a certain variety of what we call 'twats'; a variety with nothing better to do than drink White Ace straight out of the bottle in the street and collect ASBOs as if they were football stickers. When the garments are worn by said 'twats', the hoods are invariably worn up regardless of weather and location, quite often to conceal facial features so that nobody can identify them when they throw objects at passers-by in an apparent dare to their victim to challenge their behaviour, or attack a young woman in order to procure the meagre contents of her purse.

Ergo it naturally follows that wearing such an item of clothing attracts a great deal of contempt from most people.

In one sentence: if you dress like an odious ****, people will believe you are one.

You and Macky have raised very interesting points. However, I am concerned that my post in reply is going to be far off the question of people at the football match. I hope you won't mind if I send my reply in a private message to you both.

My bugbear is people who push past during a match. Where I am it starts at 38 minutes into the first half when the same chap goes for the meat pie that he regards as more important than the football. Then my neighbours and I have to stand up and stand up as others puch by disrupting people who are trying to follow the flow of the game.

Hazzman may have been unlucky with his trio of women since all the idiots I have met at a football match have been male.

Hooded tops (often, but not always, dark-coloured ones) are a popular garment among a certain variety of what we call 'twats'; a variety with nothing better to do than drink White Ace straight out of the bottle in the street and collect ASBOs as if they were football stickers. When the garments are worn by said 'twats', the hoods are invariably worn up regardless of weather and location, quite often to conceal facial features so that nobody can identify them when they throw objects at passers-by in an apparent dare to their victim to challenge their behaviour, or attack a young woman in order to procure the meagre contents of her purse.

Ergo it naturally follows that wearing such an item of clothing attracts a great deal of contempt from most people.

In one sentence: if you dress like an odious ****, people will believe you are one.

To be honest, that just sounds like an irrational rant about a fictional stereotype, straight from the pages of the Daily Mail.

I often wear hooded tops, of various colours and shades, in fact I'm wearing one right now. Does that make me a bad person?

£6 tickets? I'm surrounded by ST holders and half of them act like morons most of the time.

Covscum also ran a promotion for their match with Palace, letting fans buy tickets with Tesco vouchers (1 ticket for £6.50 worth of vouchers) they managed 18,000:icon_roll

:081::081::081: How low can you sink? Tesco vouchers?! Really?! :icon_lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one surrounded by "six pound scatters". What baffled me was the time they stood up because they loved Leicester......

WELL IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER THAT MUCH GET A ****ING SEASON TICKET, OR ARE YOU WAITING UNTIL THE MERCURY DO A PROMOTION ON THEM TOO............ YOU *****!

:mad: I don't understand your need to raise a thread to just insult people who have taken up a offer in the mercury. They have as much right to be there as you do. Get over yourself.

:mad: I don't understand your need to raise a thread to just insult people who have taken up a offer in the mercury. They have as much right to be there as you do. Get over yourself.
Well they have not taken up that right at other matches have they!

I have no problem with people getting offers for the game. Its the total lack of interest in the actual game and the constant back and forth whilst tring to the watch the game that pisses me off.

I have no problem with people getting offers for the game. Its the total lack of interest in the actual game and the constant back and forth whilst tring to the watch the game that pisses me off.

That and the fact they arrive late and then seem incapable of decoding the mystifying row and seat number equation printed on their tickets.

You and Macky have raised very interesting points. However, I am concerned that my post in reply is going to be far off the question of people at the football match. I hope you won't mind if I send my reply in a private message to you both.

Any time DG. Not had anything as yet though...

My bugbear is people who push past during a match. Where I am it starts at 38 minutes into the first half when the same chap goes for the meat pie that he regards as more important than the football. Then my neighbours and I have to stand up and stand up as others puch by disrupting people who are trying to follow the flow of the game.

I really, really hate this. And people who leave early and get in my way while doing so. 'Can't possibly watch the last ten minutes, chaps, got to be home for quarter past five you see.' Wankers.

Hazzman may have been unlucky with his trio of women since all the idiots I have met at a football match have been male.

Idiots come in all shapes, sizes and sexes.

To be honest, that just sounds like an irrational rant about a fictional stereotype, straight from the pages of the Daily Mail.

If you wear the scumbag uniform, people think you're a scumbag. It's not that hard is it?

I often wear hooded tops, of various colours and shades, in fact I'm wearing one right now. Does that make me a bad person?

Are you 14? Do you hang around in large, intentionally threatening groups?

The bloke in front of me seemed clueless. Constant shouts of "come on, City" as if we were 4-0 down. At one point, he even decided to slag off Waghorn when he shouted for the ball whilst in space, and called him a "mardy-arse" when he didn't receive it! And the three older women behind me who moaned everytime we passed the ball
backwards. Not every pass can be a defence-splitter, love!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669