Thank you to the owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we owe them a massive show of support personally

I'm going to go out and buy a new car, a foreign holiday and a shiny motorbike

If the holiday is to Thailand and you buy and then import the new vehicles from there as well then you will be keeping Lako happy if not your wife!

I wonder whether any of posters who are cynical about the new owners include thpose who doubted whether Sven would still be here this year.

Reading the Forest, Coventry and Leeds forums I think their fans would love to have King Power as their owner.

I'm going to go out and buy a new car, a foreign holiday and a shiny motorbike on credit and fully expect my wife to thank me once she gets home tonight - although the full extent of my spending shall remain undisclosed.

I anticipate that she will be very supportive when the credit is called in by the bank and they reposes our house.

pretty sure it was mawsley was quick to take the pish out of me when the thais came in a few months ago......and seems he`s too embarrassed to say he`s wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
If the holiday is to Thailand and you buy and then import the new vehicles from there as well then you will be keeping Lako happy if not your wife!

hmm why would anyone import a car from thailand spion?

hmm why would anyone import a car from thailand spion?

Because there might be a particular edition available there that isn't available in the UK market. Perhaps even with the import taxation it might still represent a saving...........

hmm why would anyone take that post seriously partypiece?

Agghhh. I was taking it seriously myself there for a while.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality Mackster :icon_wink

haha ok yeah both your points taken! Yeah coz i was going to quip that i was going to import a scooter a few years ago that wasnt available here...and thats when exchange rates were in our favour and it was bloody expensive THEN! :icon_cool

Agghhh. I was taking it seriously myself there for a while.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality Mackster :icon_wink

I'm thinking of getting some sticks imported from Thailand. Can I get them delivered to your place and then I'll collect them after a few weeks?

I'm thinking of getting some sticks imported from Thailand. Can I get them delivered to your place and then I'll collect them after a few weeks?

Would there be any left after a few weeks?

Are we going back to that old "explaining jokes" stuff then?!

Look, that was the first post by Swede that I'd noticed him doing that. I subsequently realised what he was doing but couldn't be arsed to delete my post. :icon_bigg

How did you get on in the prediction league last week by the way :icon_wink

Our situation certainly appears to be more favourable than that of Blackburn:

Another set of fans wondering what the hell has just happened might be Blackburn's.

Immediately after Venky's purchase of the club in October 2010 the new owner, Anuradha Desai, reassured worried fans:

"Initially there will be £5million put in, straight away, to buy players but of course if we have to do more then we will...There will be much much more than £5million and we want the fans to know that...

"There will then be much more investment and we have devised a spending strategy already for the next three years that will see the manager given significant funds to buy players...I am not promising that we will be a top four team but I can promise that we will try and that is what we will aim for."

Since then Blackburn have sold their most promising young player for a reported £16.5million and a decent young striker, Nikola Kalinic, for a reported £5.5million, and brought in 'top four' players Formica, Vukcevic, Rochina, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Dann, Yakubu and of course Myles Anderson for a combined total of around £17million.

Mediawatch makes that an 'investment' of about minus £4-6million so far.

Look, that was the first post by Swede that I'd noticed him doing that. I subsequently realised what he was doing but couldn't be arsed to delete my post.
I was only going to do one but when you said I was obsessed I thought I would use their entire back catalouge to make puns in every thread. It completely failed however (thankfully for TB) as I realised the lyrics of ABBA songs really were quite ordinary to say the least. Catchy tunes though I suppose.

Last edited:
Jebus, no one has said they don't want them - just that some of us aren't ready to suck them off as yet. Yes, it is very encouraging with the commitment they are showing but the real test for them will be at the end of the season when we know what league we will be in next season.

Jebus, no one has said they don't want them - just that some of us aren't ready to suck them off as yet. Yes, it is very encouraging with the commitment they are showing but the real test for them will be at the end of the season when we know what league we will be in next season.

Who are you replying to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673