Thanks Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

Just like to thank him for what he has achieved for us, and getting us back to the Premiership, good luck in your future. :038:

Sad day, I really liked Pearson both times he was in charge.

Yup he has done a very good job for Leicester, I don't think that he will be long out of work though.

In Div 1, you did a terrific job. Absolutely, no question.

In four attempts to get promotion from the Championship, three with one of the biggest budgets and either being the top paid manager in the league or second, you did a totally average job. One successful season in four is nothing special.

In your big chance at the top level, you've been found out as tactically incompetent and a pig-headed sentimentalist. I cannot imagine anyone ever giving you an opportunity at this level again.

Overall, not among our worst managers by any stretch of the imagination. But someone who is deeply flawed and very fortunate to have been supported for as long as he has. If he's got any sense, he'll now retire to his local pub where he can ignore or be abusive towards anyone that disagrees with him about anything for the rest of his days.

He does deserve thanks for leaving us with some fantastic memories. I wish him well, wherever he ends up.

Just like to thank him for what he has achieved for us, and getting us back to the Premiership, good luck in your future. :038:

Sad day, I really liked Pearson both times he was in charge.

Yup he has done a very good job for Leicester, I don't think that he will be long out of work though.

Some excellent posts.

If he's got any sense, he'll now retire to his local pub where he can ignore or be abusive towards anyone that disagrees with him about anything for the rest of his days.

Oh dear!

In four attempts to get promotion from the Championship, three with one of the biggest budgets and either being the top paid manager in the league or second, you did a totally average job. One successful season in four is nothing special.

In your big chance at the top level, you've been found out as tactically incompetent and a pig-headed sentimentalist. I cannot imagine anyone ever giving you an opportunity at this level again.

Overall, not among our worst managers by any stretch of the imagination. But someone who is deeply flawed and very fortunate to have been supported for as long as he has. If he's got any sense, he'll now retire to his local pub where he can ignore or be abusive towards anyone that disagrees with him about anything for the rest of his days.

BN, I like your posts but there is no need for that post at all.

First paragraph, spot on.

Rest of it, total bollocks.

Are you really suggesting that the season after being promoted from League One wasn't a successful season?

Please let us not re-fight the Nigel Pearson is the greatest/worst manager debate. It is pointless: we will not change each others' minds and history will decide. I don't believe it will, but we ALL have to hope that it proves him a great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566