Thanks Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

I am of the opinion that he should have stepped aside at the end of last season, and for most of this season the team IMO have not been punching at their weight. They have looked disinterested and yes the buck should stop with the manager for what could possibly be described as the worst Leicester City side I have seen...but

I do believe Rob Kelly saved our arses last season. We were going down before he took over from Levein and I saw even less hope of getting out of that then this year. For that I want to say thank you to Rob Kelly. Both as a player and a manager he has been a nice bloke who has done his best. It has not been good enough unfortunately and I wish him well.

I don't bear him ill will and I hope that most of you don't either. In my eyes most of the playing staff are as guilty if not more so, however the truth of the matter is that they probably needed better direction from the top.

I am grateful to Rob for doing his best and as I said above thank you. I wish it could have worked out because he is a nice bloke but he tried and failed. Unfortunately in football very few ever do end up winners in the managers seat...thanks for giving it your best.

Best of luck Rob.

Have to agree with all of that. It's clear he wasnt up to the job but having spent his career as a coach he was never going to turn down the chance to make the step up, even if at first he didnt seem to sure about the idea. He tested his abilities and was found to be wanting but as you say nobody can fault his effort.

Thanks my arse, thanks for ****ing nothing!!

I don't blame Kelly for becoming manager, whio in their right mind is going to turn that kind of once in a lifetime chance. However the man was out of his depth virtually from day one, he was the easy, cheap and somewhat safe option after Levein and at the time we had a board who had little footballing knowledge.

We can only hope his £250,000 pay off will help to soften the blow a little.

I am of the opinion that he should have stepped aside at the end of last season, and for most of this season the team IMO have not been punching at their weight. They have looked disinterested and yes the buck should stop with the manager for what could possibly be described as the worst Leicester City side I have seen...but

I do believe Rob Kelly saved our arses last season. We were going down before he took over from Levein and I saw even less hope of getting out of that then this year. For that I want to say thank you to Rob Kelly. Both as a player and a manager he has been a nice bloke who has done his best. It has not been good enough unfortunately and I wish him well.

I don't bear him ill will and I hope that most of you don't either. In my eyes most of the playing staff are as guilty if not more so, however the truth of the matter is that they probably needed better direction from the top.

I am grateful to Rob for doing his best and as I said above thank you. I wish it could have worked out because he is a nice bloke but he tried and failed. Unfortunately in football very few ever do end up winners in the managers seat...thanks for giving it your best.

Best of luck Rob.

About sums up how i feel.

I wish he had stepped aside so that his career was not blotted with this, and wish him all the best.

Before tissues get taken out and dabbed against sore eyes lets remember a few things about our ex-manager:

1. 4-4-2 or nothing
2. Not replacing the only ball winning midfielder at the club in the summer, even after he said it was his priority
3. Making out that re-signing Danny death wish Tiatto was some sort of coup
4. Josh Low
5. Signing of players then getting rid - Low, Cadimarteri and Welsh, twice!
6. The pitiful interviews
7. Unfit team on the first day of the season
8. Treating home games like we were the away side
9. Unmotivated players
10. Substitution of identical players when behind

On balance I preferred Howard Wilkinson. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Personally I think us staying up last season had more to do with Ray Graydon than Rob Kelly....

That's exactly it, once Graydon left you could see the level in performances deteriorate straight away.

Rob just wasn't up to it.

Very happy he has gone.

thanks rob, thanks for taking over a year to realise you're shite. why thank him?

Should have gone after that shambolic Luton display, the signs were there for all to see, it made it worse because Luton were just as crap but a dam sight more fitter than we were, and we've gone downhill ever since, with the odd exceptions.

Thanks for saving our asses last year Rob.. and thanks for leaving us in the shit this year before you left..

Well I have sympathies with a lot of Ox Fox's points and I agree with the sentiment that Silver put up totally.

Kelly was out of his depth - but the Board should not have appointed him. He did need the strength and expereience of someone like Graydon and it is a shame that the partnerhip could not continue.

I wish Kelly the best as a coach somewhere or in his managerial education at some lower level. It is difficult to change when you are in the same place, but he has a chance to do this once he moves on. Time will tell.

How many of you would have turned down the chance if you were given it? I blame the Board for the cop out. I hope those of you that were clamouring for his appoitment are not too hard on the guy. He did his best in difficult circumstances, where expectations from some of the fans were unreasonably high (in terms of getting promoted this season), it was just woefully short of what was needed and what should have been achieved with the shower of shite we have playing for us (still better than most of the squads in the Chumpionship).

The players need to take their share of the blame as well - they had a great chance to prove themselves as part of the Mandaric future (and should not have needed a manager to motivate them)- but the vast majority spectacularly failed.

Last edited:
It was quite clear at the end of last season that RK was out of his depth. He can not be blamed for taking the job that was offered, we all would. Instead blame the donkeys that offered him the job in the first place. I've no doubt that he tried his best and I wish him well for the future.

WTF?!
He did in his bollox save us last season, getting rid of Levein & bringing in Mathew Kelly would have done the trick.
Thanks for f*ck all.

I agree with Silver Fox on this one. Thanks for last season and saving our arses.
I don't think anyone should have any ill will towards him.
Good luck for the future Rob - you lasted a hell of a lot longer than a lot of people gave you credit for.
RK cared for the club and I think the shower that passed for our starting XI most weeks are just as much to blame for this.
We will never know how good RK could have been if the takeover happened sooner and money was there to spend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570