The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Mercury forgetting we haven't spent the Maguire money yet
We have the training ground to pay for, have reduced TV income due to Covid 19 and will be improving the stadium. Not to mention the impact of Covid 19 on King Power's other interests. We won't be spending a lot in the transfer market that's for sure.

Mercury forgetting we haven't spent the Maguire money yet

I've read somewhere that we may have already done. Training ground, transfers last season, and many installments going forward from past seasons.

We really need to get rid of fringe players like Gray, Slimani, Silva etc.

I'd take a punt on Deulofeu at Watford btw. Preferrably Sarr but Gerard will do.

In our last filed accounts we posted a loss of £20million. That is before you factor in borrowings for the training facility. We are far from rolling in it.

Lots of clubs will be in the same position this summer - it's not surprising to hear that we need to sell to buy.

"Only" £30m transfer budget isn't something we'd have been worrying about a few seasons ago is it?

Yes the market has changed and that doesn't stretch as far these days, but it's enough to get in one signing of quality to add to our first 11, and then we will rely on loans for other positions where backup is needed I guess.

Not saying these are all realistic signings, but for example if we did:
Trincao loan
Watkins £18m
Smalling £17m
(based on release clauses/publicly expressed asking prices)

Then that's £35m, so not too far off and improves us in key areas.

Of course that doesn't factor in their wages, but then I doubt the £30m budget figure quoted by the Merc is either.

So I wouldn't worry too much about only having £30m budget - I think our net outlay over the last few windows has been less than anyway

We need to go lower and take risks, has our scouting system collapsed, we need good hungry players with a point to prove.
We need creativity on the wings our midfield is not too bad, I think 30 million will stretch further than it normally would due to COVID.
We may need to loan 3-4 players with a view to buy them later, I bet Man Utd are thanking their lucky stars they made the champs league.

Are Burnley's owners like the Oystons and just rinse the club for themselves?

They must have had £100s of millions in TV revenue over the years and with one of the smallest wage budgets too, I never understand the 'little, skint Burnley excuse'.

They must have had £100s of millions in TV revenue over the years and with one of the smallest wage budgets too, I never understand the 'little, skint Burnley excuse'.

They made a profit at least. Like how the strategic report part of their accounts gets signed off ‘keep the faith’.

1D8AF444-E058-4C07-A8F8-E089AD76567F.png

Exactly this. Tossers. Always moan about money but they get about the same as the rest of us. Nothern ****s.

Well they're not rapists. So no.

As for making a profit while investing in players and scouting, good for them. Football shouldn't be a game of who's-owner-has-the most-disposable-assets

Well they're not rapists. So no.

As for making a profit while investing in players and scouting, good for them. Football shouldn't be a game of who's-owner-has-the most-disposable-assets

Where's the money gone?

Burnley need a fanzine.

Lots of clubs will be in the same position this summer - it's not surprising to hear that we need to sell to buy.

"Only" £30m transfer budget isn't something we'd have been worrying about a few seasons ago is it?

Yes the market has changed and that doesn't stretch as far these days, but it's enough to get in one signing of quality to add to our first 11, and then we will rely on loans for other positions where backup is needed I guess.

Not saying these are all realistic signings, but for example if we did:
Trincao loan
Watkins £18m
Smalling £17m
(based on release clauses/publicly expressed asking prices)

Then that's £35m, so not too far off and improves us in key areas.

Of course that doesn't factor in their wages, but then I doubt the £30m budget figure quoted by the Merc is either.

So I wouldn't worry too much about only having £30m budget - I think our net outlay over the last few windows has been less than anyway
To be fair I've read that Liverpool also need to sell in order to buy apparently.

Bastard. ****. I just want to sign a ****ing decent player.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854