The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Benrahma and Watkins were mentioned before - imagine there will be Prem clubs looking at them now Brentford aren't coming up.

I don't get the hype. He's a West Ham/Palace type player at best.
I'm not so sure. I think for the right price he may well be an excellent addition.

We know the gulf in class is huge, and the jury is out on Jarod Bowen at WHU, but I think he'll do very well next season. Benrahma's goals and assists are not quite as strong as Bowen's but 17 goals and 9 assists is a good return. Remember, Mahrez's return in his first (half) Championship season wasn't unreal and neither was 14/15. Benrahma seems to be able to provide lots of "magic" and something out of nothing.

A bit risky, but what does everyone think of Mitrovic? 26 goals and 3 assists is excellent. Last season he got 11 goals in the Prem with a relegated side. Maybe too similar to Slimani (albeit better imo), perhaps too hot-headed.

Benrahma and Watkins were mentioned before - imagine there will be Prem clubs looking at them now Brentford aren't coming up.
John Percy reporting Watkins has an £18m buy out clause, that seems like a steal to me, he can play on the wing as well as down the middle

John Percy reporting Watkins has an £18m buy out clause, that seems like a steal to me, he can play on the wing as well as down the middle
It was £10 million last season and Palace bid but Watkins agreed to do one more season for Brentford and they raised the buyout to £18 million.
I thought he was exceptional in the 2nd playoff leg

It was £10 million last season and Palace bid but Watkins agreed to do one more season for Brentford and they raised the buyout to £18 million.
I thought he was exceptional in the 2nd playoff leg

What are his strengths? Obviously scores loads of goals but what type of attacker is he?

Shit news all round
- Trincao isn't coming
- if the Saudi takeover at Newcastle happened we would've got rid of Gray and Hamza
- Benrahma and Watkins will cost us £50m.
- chilwell might stay as it looks like Chelsea might be going for some other geezer which is bad if we need to sell in order to buy.
- another report says Chilwell will go for closer to £50m than £80m. Which is also shit. I ****ing despise dirty Chelsea tricks. I hope Chilwell has some integrity

What are his strengths? Obviously scores loads of goals but what type of attacker is he?
Similar to Vardy, has pace, great awareness of what's around him, can also pick a pass has a great work ethic, he will press the defenders, in the 2nd half vs Swansea when Brentford were under pressure he ran from the opposition half back to the 18yd line and put in a challenge which he won, played a nice 1-2 and set up a Brentford attack.
Great work rate and energy.
He came through at Exeter before Brentford brought him, I think he would be similar to Vardy and whoever buys him will get a very good player he is the best of the front 3 at Brentford.

Similar to Vardy, has pace, great awareness of what's around him, can also pick a pass has a great work ethic, he will press the defenders, in the 2nd half vs Swansea when Brentford were under pressure he ran from the opposition half back to the 18yd line and put in a challenge which he won, played a nice 1-2 and set up a Brentford attack.
Great work rate and energy.
He came through at Exeter before Brentford brought him, I think he would be similar to Vardy and whoever buys him will get a very good player he is the best of the front 3 at Brentford.
GERRIMIN

The Merc reckons we will only have around £30m to spend and that we'll be looking at loan deals (unless we sell to raise more money).

Interesting. I find this a tad strange though. Is it because we simply don't have enough income? I wonder if BR knew this when he came here.

I know our wages to revenue are very high comparitively. But a tad bit of bad scouting, and the inability to sell an important asset then all of a sudden we seem buggered.

This all sounds depressing as hell. It makes Burnley look loaded.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463