The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

We were strongly linked with him earlier last summer before he went to Watford.

I agree though. But he is a bit hot and cold.

First year in the Premier League playing in a bottom three club might have that effect on some.

Zaha anyone?

Seems to be keen to get out at Palace. Can't see him getting a move to any of the 4 clubs that finished above us. Would fit our want for a winger who can also play up front.

Arsenal and Everton apparently keen.

I'd like to see us have a go.

Zaha anyone?

Seems to be keen to get out at Palace. Can't see him getting a move to any of the 4 clubs that finished above us. Would fit our want for a winger who can also play up front.

Arsenal and Everton apparently keen.

I'd like to see us have a go.
Nope. Massively inflated ego. His stats this season are frankly shit for what he’d cost us both in terms of a transfer fee and wages.
Nope.

Seems to have had quite a quiet season and never seems to do it consistently enough when he is on form.

He wouldn't be cheap either and whilst it would be interesting to see him in a better team than Palace, I think we could do better or as good for less.

I'd like to see us go for Sarr - can be lacking in end product at times but we'll be lucky to get complete players and surely he'll want out there now?

Also think Deeney would be a useful addition. Not as a starter but would be a great alternate option and more of a physical presence. He'd also piss the European games and seems like he could leave. Plus defenders would shit themselves facing a front line of Vardeeneyio!

Zaha anyone?

He managed a goal or assist for Palace every 468 minutes this season. Barnes and Perez had a much better record. Even Chilwell did.

However, this was a big drop off for Zaha. In the three seasons before this one, his rate was a goal or assist every 201 mins. However, this is still worse than Barnes or Perez last season.

In his last six seasons for Palace, he's averaging 6 goals and 4 assists each season. I think we're looking for options that provide double that (18-20 goals/assists per season), otherwise we may as well stick with what we've got.

He's also getting paid £130k a week by Palace which is the level about the same as Schmeichel and Vardy. I'd assume that he's after a pay rise to move as well. Oh, and then there's the small matter of a transfer fee reported to be about £40m.

He's also 28 in November which means that he isn't going to have any resale value. He's also a diving, mardy git.

Considering all this, I can imagine him being exactly the sort of player Congerton is recommending.

I was surprised to read he's 28, not the young prospect anymore. While his numbers reflect that he's been playing in a crap Crystal Palace side, he was their major outlet until this season so should if anything have had better numbers. I think we can do better elsewhere

The only way Zaha would be worth signing is if we got him for £20 million with a maximum wage of £70k a week.
Anything else wouldn't be worth it.

Thought the same re: Ollie Watkins. Watkins/ Benrahma is like almost like the Championship Vardy/ Mahrez.. great potential in then pair.

Chris Smalling has a really good season at Roma, so much so he’s being linked to Juventus, Man Utd want rid could be a fairly cheap buy for us

Chris Smalling has a really good season at Roma, so much so he’s being linked to Juventus, Man Utd want rid could be a fairly cheap buy for us

I'd take Smalling, but apparently Man Utd want around £18m for him. He's 30, so it's a fairly big fee - although imagine you'd still get 3-4 years from him.

If he ends up at Juve though, I wonder if that will help us renew our bid to sign Demiral?

I'd take Smalling, but apparently Man Utd want around £18m for him. He's 30, so it's a fairly big fee - although imagine you'd still get 3-4 years from him.

If he ends up at Juve though, I wonder if that will help us renew our bid to sign Demiral?
Rugani more likely

I'd like Maupay but I would think he would have a better options elsewhere, Giroud being older might be more willing to come to add competition and back up
relatively cheap full back option to provide competition and cover for Chilwell would be Jamal Lewis at Norwich, impresses when ever I've seen him.

What do people think of Bissouma as a DM impressed vs Arsenal and us, not that we tested him too much
I always like the look of Tim Krul, he’d be a superb back up keeper, if we could do some sort of swap deal with Ward going the other way I’d be all for it
A back 3 of Cags, Evans and Mings would be decent
obviously we are constantly linked with Lallana but I think we should at least be asking Willian's agent what type of deal he is wanting, on a free transfer could get a couple of good years out of him adding vital depth in attack and experience in Europe
I really am a big fan of Dean Henderson, we should offer Man Utd a sizeable amount for him and sort ourselves out at the keeper position for the next 10 years

Keep 'em coming Skitz.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756