The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Praet reminds me of Andy King’s latter years. Ok at everything but outstanding at nothing.

Problem with Praet is he doesn't have a set position nor has he had a regular run in the side, not sure why we signed him to be honest, either find him a position and give him a run in the side or move him on.

Most of you were utter Praet fanatics on here - best midfielder at the club someone mentioned too. Quibble..

Most of you were utter Praet fanatics on here - best midfielder at the club someone mentioned too. Quibble..
We were utter Rodgers fanatics in December. Things change. Both have been utter wank since then.

Last night made me realise how much a striker is needed, not just as an alternative and Plan B for Vardy, but as a partner too.

Vardy's game has changed and he doesn't do so well when he's up front on his own and isolate any more.

Part of that is because teams know to drop back and be alert to him running in behind, so he's drifting wide more to get space in behind outside of the box. But he's not then an Henry type of player who's going to dribble past players, he needs someone else there to work with.

In both of the last 2 games he's been creating plenty by drifting wide and creating space for others. A solid strike partner for him could be a great addition and help prolong Vardy's game.

Totally agree. Vs Sheffield Utd he could have had 3 assists at least. Still very fast and overall a vital player for us.

Not been the same player since restart
Weird
He has been exactly the same player. That's the problem. He has never been anything other than a steady back up or a player to help protect a lead.

Like Alex notes, when folk used to say he was our 'best midfielder' or our 'best player' it was ****ing hilarious wibble at its finest. If he is, we are in a whole host more trouble than any of us could possibly dream of.

I think our top priority should be a Mahrez-type player. Tricky, game changing, make defenders fall on their arse, magic producing player.

Saïd Benrahma is my top choice followed by Gelson Martins. Neither are proven in this league but it's rare to find that sort of player outside of some of the big guns.

I'd have love to have signed Ziyech.

I hope we have a solid summer window. Does anyone know if we have a clause stating we have to sign Bennett?

I think our top priority should be a Mahrez-type player. Tricky, game changing, make defenders fall on their arse, magic producing player.

Saïd Benrahma is my top choice followed by Gelson Martins. Neither are proven in this league but it's rare to find that sort of player outside of some of the big guns.

I hope we have a solid summer window. Does anyone know if we have a clause stating we have to sign Bennett?
Mahrez was pretty good at that, do you reckon he'd be available?

I think him playing in the Spuds game activated his buy clause, well I'm fairly certain it was said in the commentary, i did say oh for ****s sake quite loudly.

and only £5 mill....

You know, there's a reason things are cheap* sometimes. I've been had by cheap shit from Aldi/Lidl before now. I don't ****ing learn either.

*cheap by the ludicrous standards of football

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464