The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

NP bought Stewart for 300k a year ago £1m is a fair offer whats the fuss? Im mystified why we have been reported to have had a £2m Sharp bid rejected when most papers/media state theres a £1.85m get out clause!!!

I don't get people sometimes. How on earth does that make any sense whatsoever? OK if they accepted £1 Mill bid they'd make a £700,000 mark up but that doesn't mean they should sell him. On that basis we should sell Bamba for even less. They are not a buy to sell club and he is a good asset for them.

You only sell players if they are no longer required, are approaching the end of their contract, or the money is needed to finance another transfer or you desperately need the income to stave off administration. What is £700,000 to Hull City? They are in the play off places and 8 points behind the leaders. £700,000 profit is a poor return if his absence costs them a place in the Premier League next season. Just because we are Leicester doesn't mean we should get whoever we want.

Last edited:
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

NP bought Stewart for 300k a year ago £1m is a fair offer whats the fuss? Im mystified why we have been reported to have had a £2m Sharp bid rejected when most papers/media state theres a £1.85m get out clause!!!

£1.85m might activate his get out clause but if multiple clubs bid the highest bidder will most likely get his signature.

£1.85m might activate his get out clause but if multiple clubs bid the highest bidder will most likely get his signature.

Not always, surely they have to accept the bid and then it is down to whoever offers the most favorable terms.

Not always, surely they have to accept the bid and then it is down to whoever offers the most favorable terms.

The market will establish a value, the get out clause is only there to stop the club holding on if bids at a certain level are received, if the speculation is correct that level has been reached and Billy will be leaving but his club can and will try to get higher bids from any club willing to bid, terms will come after a fee is finally agreed.

The market will establish a value, the get out clause is only there to stop the club holding on if bids at a certain level are received, if the speculation is correct that level has been reached and Billy will be leaving but his club can and will try to get higher bids from any club willing to bid, terms will come after a fee is finally agreed.

Ahhh I see, I thought the clause was 3 million anyway. Nevertheless I don't think Sharp will be coming here anyway.

Sounds like the media have been talking bollocks again. All that's been said about his supposed 'clause' is that the chairman and the player have a gentleman's agreement that if any club offers £3 million or more, then Sharp will be allowed to discuss terms with that club:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20111219/ryan-reveals-sharp-clause_2293322_2552450

Nothing about any other figure than the £3 million. Of course, they could accept any bid they wanted, but I can't see them settling for less than the quoted figure.

I don't get people sometimes. How on earth does that make any sense whatsoever? OK if they accepted £1 Mill bid they'd make a £700,000 mark up but that doesn't mean they should sell him. On that basis we should sell Bamba for even less. They are not a buy to sell club and he is a good asset for them.

You only sell players if they are no longer required, are approaching the end of their contract, or the money is needed to finance another transfer or you desperately need the income to stave off administration. What is £700,000 to Hull City? They are in the play off places and 8 points behind the leaders. £700,000 profit is a poor return if his absence costs them a place in the Premier League next season. Just because we are Leicester doesn't mean we should get whoever we want.

I think perhaps he means the fuss Hull made about the size of the offer. £1m is fairly reasonable for someone who has shown potential but hardly pulled up trees. Of course they don't have to accept it, but the way they threw their toys out was a bit pathetic. You'd think we offered them 50p.

I'm sure everyone at Leicester knew that it was likely to be rejected. Whilst fair, it was never going to get him when they want to keep him and they are still so bitter about NP's departure. It's the first attempt and I'm sure there will be a few more if NP thinks he is worth it.

I had a new temp start today just as I was about to send him home for the HULL FC on the
back of his coat he assured me it was Rugby League. Although that has fecked any chance of a full time
position i am prepared to give him a few weeks work.:icon_lol:

I had a new temp start today just as I was about to send him home for the HULL FC on the
back of his coat he assured me it was Rugby League. Although that has fecked any chance of a full time
position i am prepared to give him a few weeks work.:icon_lol:

You could get into trouble with the Equalities Commission for Hullism.

Steve Howard has already been punished for gingerism.

Hahahaha, twitter is such a reliable source! Someone on there has just said Aston Villa have offered 6 million for Andy King!

To reiterate I was being sarcastic.

Yes Gaz, I knew you were. You obviously remember reading the same thing on here. I was just pointing it out in case some people did not realise you were being sarcastic.

Don't bite their hand.... snap their frigging arm off!!!

He'd suit the way they play. A poor man's Stephen Ireland... without all the baggage.

According to the Express:

"LEICESTER boss Nigel Pearson will make an improved bid of £1.75million for Reading winger Jimmy Kebe in the next 48 hours."

:)! Get him in

According to the Express:

"LEICESTER boss Nigel Pearson will make an improved bid of £1.75million for Reading winger Jimmy Kebe in the next 48 hours."

For gods sake.

That better be paper talk. I swear to god I'll die if we pay nearly £2mill for Jimmy frigging Kebe.

Last edited:

I swear to god I'll die if we pay nearly £2mill for Jimmy frigging Kebe.

Literally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670