The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

Ah, that old chestnut.

Merely playing devils advocate here, I have no idea about the lad but I think it's a valid point.

Last edited:
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

No. No. No.
You’re wrong I’m afraid. I do know something about him.
  • He’s 25.
  • He has never played at a higher level than the fifth tier of English football.
  • He has had a fantastic season this year with almost a goal to game ratio.
But tell me. If we cannot get a EPL player to perform. What makes you think we could get a non league player to ?

Rather similar to Craig Mackail-Smith (27 yo, 23 when joining P'boro)...also plays similar too him with possibly a bit more skill. Your final line is the problem at City, far easier to get a Jamie Vardy to work for you than Matt Mills.

Having watched him against Yeovil, he looked classy against their defence and apparently in the Conference, it's rather comical on how he slices through defences.

Considering our lack of striker options, he appears a far more sensible gamble than overpaying or having a loanee for a few months. Sign him up, give him half of a season to settle and then a full pre-season to get up to the right speed.

Rather similar to Craig Mackail-Smith (27 yo, 23 when joining P'boro)...also plays similar too him with possibly a bit more skill. Your final line is the problem at City, far easier to get a Jamie Vardy to work for you than Matt Mills.

Having watched him against Yeovil, he looked classy against their defence and apparently in the Conference, it's rather comical on how he slices through defences.

Considering our lack of striker options, he appears a far more sensible gamble than overpaying or having a loanee for a few months. Sign him up, give him half of a season to settle and then a full pre-season to get up to the right speed.

You've sold him to me. Get him in! :icon_bigg

Don't forget where Beckford came from ;)

But tell me. If we cannot get a EPL player to perform. What makes you think we could get a non league player to ?

Well in that case, why buy anyone at all? Apparently they're going to be shit regardless of what level they've played at before or what their record as a player is like in your opinion.

they're going to be shit regardless of what level they've played at before or what their record as a player is like in your opinion.

Sounds pretty spot on looking at our squad.

Mackie who plays for QPR linked with a £1m move to Cardiff, always looked impressive from the few times i've seen him; think he could do a job here.

Last edited:

Mackie who plays for QPR linked with a £1m move to Cardiff, always looked impressive from the few times i've seen him; think he could do a job here.

Is this the same guy with a similar name who posts on here? Surely we could double that fee, test his ambition and make sure that he prefers us to Cardiff who are languishing in 3rd place with just a mere 11 points more than us.

rumour on twitter (FT) that a fee for Stewart has been agreedwith Dull, maybe bs, but a rumour nonetheless

Last edited:

Is this the same guy with a similar name who posts on here? Surely we could double that fee, test his ambition and make sure that he prefers us to Cardiff who are languishing in 3rd place with just a mere 11 points more than us.
Good, good, good.....

There's a rumour you can watch the gayly adorned Brighton team without paying an ESPN subscription right now on Sky 134.
Edit: although you're not playing them soon so prob not interested.

Last edited:

Another rumour that Wrexham have taken the lead.

rumour on twitter (FT) that a fee for Stewart has been agreedwith Dull, maybe bs, but a rumour nonetheless

Sounds as solid a rumour as most we hear during a transfer window.

Non league players. We are being linked with non league players.

Is he an Alan Smith or a Nicky Cusack though.

(One for the Bryan Hamilton era fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570