The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

I'm putting this in here, unless someone wants to create an Autumn/Winter version...

The following were tweeted by @The72football... they run this site http://theseventytwo.com/ and they tweet news about all league clubs and is followed by Sky Sports Presenter David Jones.

TWEET ONE:
"Hearing from good source that the wheels are in motion for the most high-profile Championship/2nd division signing of all time. Bellamy, ha!"

TWEET TWO:
"Not saying it will definitely happen but enquiries have been made by the sounds of things. Guess who and where?"

TWEET THREE: (To David Jones who asked who it was)
"@DavidBGJones Hearing that Leicester have enquired about Beckham when MLS season ends on November 21st. Just an enquiry but it has been made"

Ha ha ha... cheers was only joking about the new one.

TWEET THREE: (To David Jones who asked who it was)
"@DavidBGJones Hearing that Leicester have enquired about Beckham when MLS season ends on November 21st. Just an enquiry but it has been made"

Can he play right-back?

Is he really any better than Dyer?

Bye the way... I don't believe for a minute this would ever happen.

Sorry.... what!? Beckham?

Oh my God. I want to jizz in my pants just at the thought of it. Of course it will never happen, but to even attempt it would some move really! That's one hell of a signal of intent.

**** me, David Beckham... and I was happy with the idea of Jason Roberts!

Would never happen for a number of reasons but the main reason being the man himself saying he will not be going anywhere on loan and blaming his last injury on playing too much.

Bert on FT says he's heard we are trying to get him.

Has no idea if we will though.

Last edited:
Bert the Oracle of FT has now chimed in. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

This has some substance in it!

I know they're actually trying to sort it. Whether it happens is something else.

This would be unreal. The media attention, possible sponsorship, profile for the club both here and Asia, merchandising (although we'll probably let Becks have a large proportion in image rights) and attraction for other world stars to join would be immense !

On a massive down side though Mrs Mighty Fox (who is attending tomorrow to see Sven) would no doubt claim that she now loves going to watch the Mighty Foxes on a very regular basis. She was prepared to travel to Old Trafford for the night League Cup game many years ago JUST to see Beckham and still made very strange noises every time he touched the ball even though he was the size of an ant from where we were sitting.

This is actually a potential nightmare in the making for us "free to do what we like on match days" men

We must rise up and stop this foolishness

Last edited:
Christ almighty, I'll bankrupt myself for a second half season ticket if this happens :icon_lol:

A couple of weeks ago the LA Galaxy CEO said Beckham wouldn't be loaned out when their season ends.

Paper today said he still wasn't interested in West Ham who have made their interest known in the past.

Not going to happen.

Although I'd have said the same about Sven a month ago.

:icon_roll

Of course he has.

Believe what you want. Do you think Steven and I would be mentioning him on here if he hadn't proved himself with information?

Earlier in the week he said we were after an ex england centre back... Who did we sign today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566