The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfried Zaha from Palace

is one rumour I'm making up

Plus Henderson for £20m

Exactly, and that's just from the sale of three players. So even if he's spent anywhere near £52million pounds on players in the last two seasons and this summer - and I would be surprised if he had - the books at Sunderland should be in pretty good shape. So if the owners really wanted to make the step up and start providing the finance to take Sunderland to the next level, they could if they thought it would be worth the gamble. Obviously, they appear to be happy with the job Bruce is doing and are pragmatic about what it is that they can realistically achieve.

Exactly, and that's just from the sale of three players. So even if he's spent anywhere near £52million pounds on players in the last two seasons and this summer - and I would be surprised if he had - the books at Sunderland should be in pretty good shape. So if the owners really wanted to make the step up and start providing the finance to take Sunderland to the next level, they could if they thought it would be worth the gamble. Obviously, they appear to be happy with the job Bruce is doing and are pragmatic about what it is that they can realistically achieve.

Exactly, they are a good example of a club and fans in unison about their expectations. The fans don't seem to expect to progress each year towards the top four, and the board are happy where they are.

All Im saying is that Steve Bruce IMO will be under pressure this season if he doesn't improve on last year.

And I can't see that happening.

I'm pretty confident that if they finish in the top 10 again this year, they'll be more than happy with him.

The fans don't seem to expect to progress each year towards the top four

From the midlands it may seem like they are happy where they are. From up Norf I can assure you there aren't as many Mackems as you think who are content with Bruce at the moment.

Give him credit as well, he's made some cracking signings over the years at various clubs and he's never paid massively over the odds... Valencia, Palacios, Upson, Cana, Cattermole, Bent. Made big profits on some of them too.

:081:

In all honesty a better way of putting it would be to say.... I bet you a tenner he doesn't last the season.

Fine, If he's sacked before the end of the season you win, if he's still in charge at the end of the season, I win.

Fine, If he's sacked before the end of the season you win, if he's still in charge at the end of the season, I win.

Ah - but is that the end of the season (as in the whistle at the end of their 38th league game) or the official end of the season (always midnight on 30th June). We need to be clear about this kind of thing if we are to ensure fair play.

Ah - but is that the end of the season (as in the whistle at the end of their 38th league game) or the official end of the season (always midnight on 30th June). We need to be clear about this kind of thing if we are to ensure fair play.

Bloody amateurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670