The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Waghorn come back to haunt us if we sell him to another club in the FLC? Can't help feel he's never had a decent run in the side since we signed him permanently. We should never have sold Gradel who was in a similar position with us of not being given long enough to prove himself.

Will Waghorn come back to haunt us if we sell him to another club in the FLC? Can't help feel he's never had a decent run in the side since we signed him permanently. We should never have sold Gradel who was in a similar position with us of not being given long enough to prove himself.

You could also argue that O'Grady, Tommy Smith etc prove otherwise. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Mackail-Smith scores for Brighton in extra time against Steve "surely needs to be sacked" Bruce.

Just shows making 10+ signings doesn't always work!

Why would you suggest that?

He has done nothing but spend money since he arrived at Sunderland and they have acheived nothing. Even with another influx of players this Summer they are still looking no different.

Bit harsh - Sunderland are never in danger of doing anything in the in the forseeable future whoever is in charge. Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will probably have the top six sewn up this year, and rightly so. So that's all the european spots gone - what more can Sunderland hope for rather than mid table premier league finishes? It might be disappointing for them to get knocked out of the League Cup, but upsets happen every season.

I think Steve Bruce has done a decent job there so far, he's turned them into about the best thing they can hope to be at the minute - a solid, mid table premier league team. They just haven't got the finance or the pull to attract the kind of players that could actually get them somewhere.

Besides, I'm against all this chopping and changing of managers - I suppose you would have been calling for Ferguson's head when he started out at Manchester United? Or O'Neill's at Leicester? You've already been showing discontent with Sven's management style... Manager's need time, success never comes overnight.

Bit harsh - Sunderland are never in danger of doing anything in the in the forseeable future whoever is in charge. Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will probably have the top six sewn up this year, and rightly so. So that's all the european spots gone - what more can Sunderland hope for rather than mid table premier league finishes? It might be disappointing for them to get knocked out of the League Cup, but upsets happen every season.

I think Steve Bruce has done a decent job there so far, he's turned them into about the best thing they can hope to be at the minute - a solid, mid table premier league team. They just haven't got the finance or the pull to attract the kind of players that could actually get them somewhere.

Besides, I'm against all this chopping and changing of managers - I suppose you would have been calling for Ferguson's head when he started out at Manchester United? Or O'Neill's at Leicester? You've already been showing discontent with Sven's management style... Manager's need time, success never comes overnight.

Can anybody get a list of his signings and how much he has spent ?

I just feel that with the backing he has had they should be aiming for top 10 or the Europa league at least. Teams above them have finished higher without spending anything near what Bruce has forked out.

I just feel that with the backing he has had they should be aiming for top 10 or the Europa league at least. Teams above them have finished higher without spending anything near what Bruce has forked out.

They Finished top 10 last season.

We're getting off topic a bit, but he's not spent that much as far as I remember? His biggest signing so far has been Gyan for £14million but the club sold Jones and Bent for about £32million, so it's not like he's overspending. If anything, the board have sold off his best players and not given him full backing to replace them.

It's your argument - but you want somebody else to provide the evidence?

Very odd.

Give him credit as well, he's made some cracking signings over the years at various clubs and he's never paid massively over the odds... Valencia, Palacios, Upson, Cana, Cattermole, Bent. Made big profits on some of them too.

We're getting off topic a bit, but he's not spent that much as far as I remember? His biggest signing so far has been Gyan for £14million but the club sold Jones and Bent for about £32million, so it's not like he's overspending. If anything, the board have sold off his best players and not given him full backing to replace them.

Plus Henderson for £20m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00