The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody we want from the players released by Premier League clubs?

Arsenal
Thomas Cruise, Roarie Deacon, Mark Randall

Aston Villa
Durrell Berry, John Carew, Ellis Deeney, Calum Flanagan, Harry Forrester, Arsenio Halfhuid, Isaiah Osbourne, Robert Pires, Nigel Reo-Coker, Moustapha Salifou

Birmingham City
Marcus Bent, Lee Bowyer, Sebastian Larsson, James McFadden, Mitchell McPike, James O'Shea, Stuart Parnaby, Kevin Phillips, Daniel Preston, Luke Rowe, Robin Shroot, Maik Taylor

Blackburn Rovers
Jordan Bowen, Jason Brown, Zurab Khizanishvili, Benjani Mwaruwari, Michael Potts, Maceo Rigters

Blackpool
David Carney, Daniel Coid, Ishmel Demontagnac, Rob Edwards, Jason Euell, Marlon Harewood, Richard Kingson, Malaury Martin, Paul Rachubka, Andy Reid, Salaheddine Sbai

Bolton Wanderers
Tamir Cohen, Johan Elmander, Ricardo Gardner, Joey O'Brien, Jlloyd Samuel, Samuel Sheridan

Chelsea
Samuel Hutchinson, Carl Magnay, Danny Philliskirk, Jan Sebek, Michael Woods

Everton
Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Nathan Craig, Gerard Kinsella, Lee McArdle, Iain Turner

Fulham
Zoltan Gera, Edward Johnson, Diomansy Kamara, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders

Liverpool
Jason Banton, Deale Chamberlain, Douglas Cooper, Sean Highdale, Steven Irwin, Nikola Saric

Manchester City
Javier Garrido, Scott Kay, James Poole, Shaleum Logan, Andrew Tutte, Javan Vidal, Patrick Vieira, James Wood

Manchester United
Conor Devlin, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar

Newcastle United
Sol Campbell, Shefki Kuqi, Patrick McLaughlin

Stoke City
Abdoulaye Faye, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ibrahima Sonko

Sunderland
Michael Kay, Nathan Luscombe, Daniel Madden, Robert Weir, Nathan Wilson, Mvoto Jean-Yves, Bolo Zenden

Tottenham Hotspur

Jonathan Woodgate

West Bromwich Albion
Giles Barnes, Marcus Haber, Dean Kiely, Abdoulaye Méîté

West Ham United
Anthony Edgar, Holmar Eyjolfsson, Daniel Gabbidon, Lars Jacobsen, Filip Modelski, Jonathan Spector, Adam Street, Matthew Upson

Wigan Athletic
Steven Caldwell, Daniel De Ridder, Joseph Holt, Jason Koumas, Thomas Lambert, Thomas Oakes, Francis Pollitt, Abian Serrano Davila

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Adriano Basso, Jody Craddock, John Dunleavy, Marcus Hahnemann, David Jones, Nathan Rooney

Sebastian Larsson, Nigel Reo-Coker, Johan Elmander, Zoltan Gera, Diomansy Kamara, Paul Scholes, Jason Koumas and Marcus Hahnemann

Calum Flanagan from villa, class!!!!

Teamtalk's Free Transfer Starting XI

Goalkeeper: Maik Taylor
Taylor was one of my favourite keepers in the league a few seasons ago, so much so I was gunning for him to join Spurs when Gomes had a howler of a debut season. At the age of 39, I feel that Taylor has a good couple of seasons left in him, even if he hasn't made too many starts over the past couple of seasons.

Left-back: Jlloyd Samuel
Bolton have released a gem of a player here. Signed by Sammy Lee from Aston Villa four years ago, the left-back has been unlucky with injuries and at full fitness, I think that he would be a decent signing for most teams in the lower half of the Premier League.

Centre-back: Abdoulaye Meite
Meite is one of four released by West Brom, and at 30-years-old, the former Marseille defender has plenty of experience to lead most back-lines.

Centre-back: Matthew Upson
The England defender would be a decent signing for any Premier League club, and with 21 caps to his name and plenty of top-flight experience, the ex-West Ham player will be looked at by many teams in this summer's transfer window.

Right-back: John Pantsil
Pantsil took part in every game that Ghana played in the 2010 World Cup, and definitely has the experience needed to be a starter in most clubs in the top tier. He completes my line-up at the back.

Left midfield: Zoltan Gera
The former West Brom player has been released by Fulham and I wouldn't think twice about adding him into my team of released players. The midfielder appeared 24 times last season in the Premier League although most of these were substitute appearances, but he's a class act so gets the nod on the left.

Central midfield: Patrick Vieira (captain)
Vieira had a decent campaign for Manchester City last season and although it isn't a surprise that Roberto Mancini has let him go, I think he still has the legs for another season in the Premier League, despite being 34 years of age.
Central midfield: Nigel Reo-Coker
At the age of 27, the robust midfielder is now a free agent after being released by Aston Villa. Reo-Coker made 102 appearances for Villa in the Premier League and I'm sure a lot of managers will be looking at signing the services of this talented player.

Right midfield: Sebastian Larsson
Larsson has been released by Birmingham after their relegation to the Championship, and a lot of Premier League clubs are after him. It's no surprise as the 26-year-old is far too good for the second tier, and I would even go as far to say that he is the best player in this team of free agents.

Striker: Eidur Gudjohnsen
The former Barcelona and Chelsea player is looking for a new club after being released by Stoke, and even at the age of 32, I feel he is good enough to grace a first team in the Premier League if he can gain full fitness. .

Striker: John Carew
Carew has been released by Villa after scoring 37 goals in 113 appearances for them. The Norwegian is a proven goal-scorer and it'll be interesting to see if West Brom go for him again having tried to sign him in January.

I think JL-Samuel, Reo-Coker, Gera and Carew (maybe Upson) are worth a sniff

Teamtalk's Free Transfer Starting XI

I think JL-Samuel, Reo-Coker, Gera and Carew (maybe Upson) are worth a sniff

Teamtalk puts forward a good assessment, but I can't see too many of those dropping down to the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669